• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,185

iSK

Contributor
Reaction score
netflix-india-launch.jpg

This might be one of the best news global consumer electronics show CES might ever give to most Indian tech enthusiasts- Netflix coming to India. The popular on-demand streaming service is expected to expand to a lot of markets in 2016, and India is definitely on its cards.

At the upcoming CES 2016, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings will deliver a keynote on January 6 in Las Vegas. On the same day, the company will interact with Indian tech journalists covering the event there.

Netflix has reportedly partnered with a telecom operator for 4G networks. While the company is yet to disclose its, anyone can guess it to be either Airtel 4G or Reliance Jio.

Link

A very minute percentage of the Indian population has required internet speed to enjoy Netflix..

But still a welcome addition..

This is an awesome news for people like me :shy,but I just hope that they tie up with DTH providers and provide services like Miniplex HD is working and should be completely uncensored,but I don't think it would still be that much successful in India as it is in other countries because if they provide it only through internet,internet speeds in India are not good to live stream in HD and people will prefer torrents rather than Netflix due to premium charges and if they launch it with DTH providers content would be highly censored that's again a big drawback and with 4G companies already their plans are so high and further customer would need to pay premium charges to subscribe to netflix,wonder who's gonna go for it :( :'(
I really wanted Colors Infinity HD on ADTV at launch but soon I watched many shows such from Netflix like Mr.Robot,Narcos,Daredevil and found that many important things might have been missed when these season's air on TV channels after censoring episodes so it's better to watch season by downloading from torrents rather than TV channels :(
Don't know what would be future of Netflix in India :( :-/

Netflix ready to launch in India

Netflix is expected to announce its India launch this week during the trade show CES 2016, setting the ground for fierce competitive action in the over-the-top (OTT) space.

Netflix is believed to have partnered an Indian telecom company that is offering 4G service. Speculation is that it could be either Airtel or Reliance Jio.

While Airtel has already launched 4G services, Reliance has rolled it out for its group employees. The commercial launch of Reliance Jio is expected in March–April.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings will deliver a keynote on 6 January in Las Vegas.

The company will also interact with Indian tech journalists at the CES 2016 event.

With aggressive expansion plans, Netflix is looking to operate in 200 countries by the end of 2016.

Earlier, Hastings had said that his company would produce a ‘Bollywood show, an anime show’ for non-US markets.

Netflix intends to spend $5 billion on content in 2016. The focus would be on original shows like ‘Master of None’.

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said that the internet TV service provider would have 31 shows in 2016 compared to the 16 it had released in 2015.

It would also launch 10 movies, 10 stand-up specials, 12 documentaries and 30 children’s shows.

2015 was a breakthrough year for originals. Besides ‘House of Cards’ and ‘Orange is the New Black’, there was also ‘Bloodline’, ‘Daredevil’ and ‘Grace & Frankie’. Netflix has over 69 million subscribers in more than 60 countries.

It showcases more than 100 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Some of the popular OTT platforms operating in India are Hotstar, Ditto TV, Sony Liv and Eros Now. Singapore’s on-demand video provider Hooq recently hired Dish TV COO Salil Kapoor as the MD of its India operations.

It is offering its service at Rs 199 per month.

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/technology/netflix-ready-to-launch-in-india/

RE: Netflix ready to launch in India

It will be a another flop show like premium chs :lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock