• Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,056

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

As some of you might have already known, I recently bought a OnePlus 3 from Amazon. Little background about this. I recently purchased a Redmi Note 3 and it had a charging bug. When I returned it to Amazon for a replacement they issued refund. So I thought I will go with another phone and ordered OnePlus 3. The product was delivered with in two days to me but I could not open the seal till 3rd day since I was traveling home town. Finally I opened it, and the initial impression was really good I must say. I liked the front look of the device and even the back was Ok but slippery. Thinking that a case is must, I went ahead and ordered a Translucent case from OnePlus official store. I decided to buy a temporary case till the official one arrives. I also got the pre-applied protector removed and installed a tempered glass. No tempered glass fits OnePlus 3 perfectly as of now, part of the display remains exposed and the edges will turn white after applying the tempered glass. It looked really bad.

I flashed the latest community ROM and started setting up the device and installed all my apps. Started logging in and at this moment the first issue started. The device heated tremendously  and most of the sensors reached 56-58 degrees. This happened with every device I used recently and I thought it's Ok, there should not be any issue after the initial usage. The processor and battery needs to settle down to one's usage pattern. My assumption turned right, device did not heat much after that. But, second problem started, huge battery drain. This was really annoying. After charging the device full in the night, on stand by the battery dropped 10% and by 10:00 AM in the morning it was at 34% with very minimal usage. I thought there is something wrong with it. Charged it full again and observed it, the percentage was consistently dropping without much usage. It's an alarming drop, 1% every 1 minute or so. Do note that I am a heavy user but did not face this type of drop on any device. Then I thought it's an issue with the item. Contacted Amazon and explained the issue, the representative said I need to contact OnePlus care or go to the service and get a DOA (Dead on arrival) letter. Only then they can replace the item. Then I contacted OnePlus care via chat. The guy was giving solutions like use the phone in safe mode, charge it and discharge it completely powering off bla bla bla. I asked them this is a new device, why there are such issues and their response was not satisfying. Actually before buying the device, I read such cases in the reviews that both Amazon and OnePlus are blaming each other instead of helping customer. I knew this would go no where and I need to waste a lot of time to get a replacement or refund. So took a decision, I sold the device. Yes, you read it right I SOLD IT. I know this might sound surprising to few, but it is very painful to use an item when you don't have 100% satisfaction. I am not really sure if there was an issue with the item or it was just my usage causing it. It might be good for normal users, but just did not work to my liking.

Now about the Translucent case I ordered. Yesterday I got a call from Bluedart that they attempted delivery. I said, I no longer hold the device and hence don't need the case. Asked them to return the item saying delivery not accepted. I then contacted OnePlus requesting them to cancel this order, they said the order will ship soon and it's not possible to cancel the order if it's post 2 hours the ordered time. They also said I can reject the item so that it will automatically get cancelled and I will get a refund. Obviously these guys had no idea about the shipment and the delivery attempt made by Bluedart. Today morning I received an email from OnePlus stating that the "Item has been shipped", what a joke! pathetic!!

That's it, I'm not going to invest my time or money on OnePlus anymore. In my opinion, these guys are way behind to reach what it takes to be No 1. 

Please note that I did not review the actual OnePlus 3 device in this article. This is only about my experience with it and there are a ton of people who are enjoying it and even the device I sold might be enjoyed by the person who bought it. I'm now hunting for another device. Hope this article helps!

ilikered said:
Now about the Translucent case I ordered. Yesterday I got a call from Bluedart that they attempted delivery. I said, I no longer hold the device and hence don't need the case. Asked them to return the item saying delivery not accepted. I then contacted OnePlus requesting them to cancel this order, they said the order will ship soon and it's not possible to cancel the order if it's post 2 hours the ordered time. They also said I can reject the item so that it will automatically get cancelled and I will get a refund. Obviously these guys had no idea about the shipment and the delivery attempt made by Bluedart. Today morning I received an email from OnePlus stating that the "Item has been shipped", what a joke! pathetic!!

That's it, I'm not going to invest my time or money on OnePlus anymore. In my opinion, these guys are way behind to reach what it takes to be No 1. 

Ordered same case for my OP3. Had simillar bad experience. It dispatched and reach all good till that, then they (bluedart) guys didn't even contacted me and returned it to the oneplus warehouse. When i asked oneplus customer support about it, they said i need to worry about it and i would get the refund once they get the product back. I asked them i didn't ordered for refund. How disgusting. They didn't even called me that my item has reached. One can not track the item from their site and need to visit the courier website for that. They send tracking no. via mail only and you can't check that in my orders page of oneplusstore.

I never gonna order anything from that store. Its pathetic how they abandoned amazon india store and not restocking it.

My Experience with Blue dart was pathetic...

I know I'm living in village....

Flipkart is doing delivery to our village
Even few courier services are attempting deliveries...

But This Stupid BlueDart is Just Putting "Out of Delivery Area" when we tracked using thier website.... without even calling us....

horrific thing is....
I did applied for PAN card last month...

& Got SMS that PAN card approved & shipped via BlueDart....

My Bad ....

After few days .....

When i tracked thier website...
it's again a simple "out of delivery area"
& Later I read Returning item...

OMG Called the local BlueDart office & scolded them & got my card by picking up...

You know Applying new PAN card costs Rs.107/-

& Applying lost pan costs around Rs.400
& Waste of time....

But BlueDart Didn't Bother & let us ###*##*

* The Greatness is thier office is just 7km from my home :damn

Correct. They are not even serving properly in Cities. They are mostly returning items without even calling the customer. No idea what kind of strategy it is!

Very strange experiences am seeing her by our bros with bluedart.
They are doing excellent job here. I am sending and receiving my office documents since 3-4 yrs via bluedart seamlessly.
I think formal complaint should be made against such act of returning the packet without even informing the customer.
It must be very unpleasant feeling.

shocking to hear that ilikered bro. didn't you try for a replacement?

Regarding bludart it depends on location I guess. I ordered spigen case of 1+3 in flipkart. Ordered on Nov 2nd afternoon 1 pm. Package was shipped frm bilaspur, chhattisgarh via bludart. It reached my hands on Nov 4th morning 11:30am.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock