Sad News Realme 4K Stick remote issue [Solved]

alamodein

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
So today was just 4th day, and issue with Realme stick started
Suddenly since afternoon its Remote stopped detecting. :(
I didnt have time to check in afternoon so just a hour ago I started troubleshooting.

1. Changed the Batteries with new, thinking they might have died
2. Tried to pair the remote again keeping it close to Realme Stick by pressing and holding Back and Home Button for 10-15 secs
The notification keeps popping to pair the remote
3. In Remote and accessories, remote shows disconnected. (Screen shot below)
4. Fortunately CEC was enabled so i was able to use TV Remote to navigate in settings
5. Deleted existing remote and again tried to pair.
6. Tried Android App remote, it was also disconnecting frequently.
7. Did Factory reset in Stick

After all this also, the remote was not detected. (Checked using phone camera if there is any IR LED detected once button is pressed, nothing)
Finally requested replacement on Flipkart, which is still pending for approval (Like I said in some other post, I am scared of Flipkart return policies)
Fingers crossed
eFgLlxF.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Good news now.

Finally I was able resolve the issue. And issues was totally unexpected

Static Charge on the remote.

In old days when Laptops suddenly use to stop Powering ON, we use to remove power Cord, remove Battery and press, hold Power button for 40-50 secs to remove any static charge. And it use to work 60-70 percent of the time.
Same thing just clicked and I removed the batteries from Remote, pressed power button for almost a minute and then left it without batteries for 4-5 mins. And it worked (Previously I tried changing batteries with new one but it would have been done within 10 secs)
Then I was able to see the IR LED, and remote discovered iin Bluetooth in my phone when I put it in pairing mode.
Now works fine with...
Actually their return policy is pathetic but you should also tweet about it. And issue didn't resolved without wasting time raise complaint in consumer forum.

Thank You for sharing.

Oh no...
Y u enabled Bluetooth?Try by disabling it..
Bluetooth is enabled by default to pair and connect the remote.
Snapshot above shows Remote which is disconnected
I didnt find any settings to disable and enable Bluetooth to check
Actually, I think remote itself is dead. Anyway to verify?

Good news now.

In old days when Laptops suddenly use to stop Powering ON, we use to remove power Cord, remove Battery and press, hold Power button for 40-50 secs to remove any static charge. And it use to work 60-70 percent of the time.
Same thing just clicked and I removed the batteries from Remote, pressed power button for almost a minute and then left it without batteries for 4-5 mins. And it worked (Previously I tried changing batteries with new one but it would have been done within 10 secs)
Then I was able to see the IR LED, and remote discovered iin Bluetooth in my phone when I put it in pairing mode.
Now works fine with Stick

However, I am keeping my replacement request open, anyway it will take 2-3 days to approve and in the meantime, I would find if the issue is repeating

Thanks very much everybody for their help!

Solution
Good news now.

However, I am keeping my replacement request open, anyway it will take 2-3 days to approve and in the meantime, I would find if the issue is repeating

Just wanted to say Google sent me here, and you solved my problem sir, thank you so much

Good news now.

this Static charge is a real issue, happened with me today... found your replay and followed the steps and it SOLVED. thanks a lot. godspeed to you sir

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock