Music Channels with Quality Audio | Airtel HD

IamTRoy4

Reaction score
I love to listen music, on Mobile, TV, PC or anywhere!
around 8 months ago we've purchased Philips 2.1 Speaker of 60W, then I connected my Airtel STB to that Speaker (not via TV's audio out, directly STB to Speaker) and for the first time I felt Amazing audio of TV channels.

Now after 8-9 months of listening, I'm going to rank Music TV channels by audio quality―↓

#6→ 9X M : Feels like compressed audio is being overscaled.
#5→ Zee ETC : Same as 9XM, not so good, Voice is more than music.
#4→ Zing : Better than ETC, but lacks in High & Treble, Beats aren't clear.
#3→ MTV Beats : Bass & Lows are slightly more, won't say clear but listenable.
#2→ 9X O : Best music channel considering the quality content as well great audio.
#1→ Aaho Music : Great balance of Bass & Treble as well high & mids are almost perfect!

now the music channel which got probably the WORST audio quality in terms of Bass, Treble, Mids, everything.. is SHOWBOX!! It feels like listening to music with cheap quality speaker or earphones, I literally don't feel any thumping beats, that's why I don't like to watch this channel unless all the channels shows ads.

【NOTE: This is based on my experience with Airtel HD+ HEVC DTH and Philips speaker, might be different to yours. also, Airtel doesn't have any HD music channels, so only ranked SD channels here】

Im used

Pillips 5.1,
Zebronics 4.1
and now using
F&D 2.1....

Impressed with 5.1 now 2.1 is Excellent...

4.1 just Good

now the music channel which got probably the WORST audio quality in terms of Bass, Treble, Mids, everything.. is SHOWBOX!! It feels like listening to music with cheap quality speaker or earphones, I literally don't feel any thumping beats, that's why I don't like to watch this channel unless all the channels shows ads.
UPDATE: Showbox's audio quality improved! Maybe they've seen our DDF :win: now sounds better than ETC & Zing, but far from great. A li'l improvement is better than none, will keep updated this list.

【NOTE: This is based on my experience with Airtel HD+ HEVC DTH and Philips speaker, might be different to yours. also, Airtel doesn't have any HD music channels, so only ranked SD channels here】

Now after 8-9 months of listening, I'm going to rank Music TV channels by audio quality―↓
It's good that you have ranked, but quality for music channels will never be good when you watch them in Setup box with 5.1 HT because, if you fell Worst with 2.1 the you will go insane when you hear them in 5.1

quality for music channels will never be good when you watch them in Setup box with 5.1 HT because, if you fell Worst with 2.1 the you will go insane when you hear them in 5.1
this is why I wrote this line:

Last edited:
this is why I wrote this line:
Bro, I have read this you have mentioned you are using only 2.1, I just wanted to let you know how it sounds in 5.1 HT.
Airtel do have HD music channels - Sun Music HD ( I only know this one alone as I have seen on my friend's TV)

Bro, I have read this you have mentioned you are using only 2.1, I just wanted to let you know how it sounds in 5.1 HT.
Airtel do have HD music channels - Sun Music HD ( I only know this one alone as I have seen on my friend's TV)
btw, when I listen to music on this Philips 2.1 60w speaker by Bluetooth it sounds AMAZING! I can literally feel every beats, bass & treble are balanced, but on TV feels bit downscaled on most of the channels. only few channels like Star Sports HD, MTV Beats, 9XO, MN+ & few others sounds great!

After revamping to showcase songs in 16:9 aspect ratio, both video/audio quality of Zing in those time bands is just brilliant... All other SD channels r nowhere near it.. Also ILove has nice audio/video quality. 9XM, MTV Beats r average, Mix is horrible in video during latest song time bands while audio is fine and Showbox is worst but then we cannot expect it to be on par with other biggies as it is a small broadcaster

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock