• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 649

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Last Soviet leader and the only Russian statesman passed away.

Mikhail Gorbachev, the former Soviet leader who brought the Cold War to a peaceful end, has died aged 91.

Mr Gorbachev, who took power in 1985, opened up the then-USSR to the world and introduced a set of reforms at home.

But he was unable to prevent the slow collapse of the Soviet Union, from which modern Russia emerged.

Tributes have been paid worldwide, with UN chief Antonio Guterres saying he "changed the course of history".

Last Soviet leader and the only Russian statesman passed away.

Mikhail Gorbachev, the former Soviet leader who brought the Cold War to a peaceful end, has died aged 91.

Mr Gorbachev, who took power in 1985, opened up the then-USSR to the world and introduced a set of reforms at home.

But he was unable to prevent the slow collapse of the Soviet Union, from which modern Russia emerged.

Tributes have been paid worldwide, with UN chief Antonio Guterres saying he "changed the course of history".

I wonder how average russians saw him

I wonder how average russians saw him
Just like how we view Jinnah after
the partition and Pakistanis view Ayub Khan after Bangladesh. And Stalin did to his generals after Finland.

IMO Germany should give him a state funeral. After all he was behind the unification. By ending the cold war he united West and the East.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock