Seeking Help Migrate Airtel postpaid to prepaid

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I upgraded my Airtel prepaid number to postpaid on 31st October 2018. At that time they said I'll be getting Rs. 150 discount per month but when I received the bill there wasn't any discount. I raised the complain but that didn't helped. So, I decided to switch back to prepaid. I visited Airtel store on November 30. The store guy told me "you need to be atleast 90 or 120 days old on postpaid". I told him there is no rule like that. After that, he asked for my number and raised a migration request. He told me it may take up-to 96 hours (4 days) to migrate and I'll get a call for verification. Today is the third day and I'm still on postpaid.

Now I know why they take 96 hours. So that they can call every day and convince customer to stay on postpaid.

Can I port my number to other operator or will I have to stay on Airtel network for 90 days (59 days remaining)

Screenshot:
rXMllcN.jpg

tC7LFPF.jpg

3cITvje.jpg

Send the 150/- off screen shot to nodal .They may help you.
And you have to wait for 90days for port.(as per TRAI)

Send the 150/- off screen shot to nodal .They may help you
Now I don't want postpaid, bro. Their spam calls and behavior is just unethical. If they don't convert my number to prepaid I'll wait for January 30th and port my number to other operator and I'll never return to Airtel.

And you have to wait for 90days for port.(as per TRAI)
Bro, that is applicable when I ported my number to other operator and I want to switch to other operator before 90 days or my number is new. Not sure though.

I was using Airtel prepaid from 2015 and on October 31st 2018 I've upgraded it to postpaid. There wasn't any MNP involvement.

But still I feel you are correct.

Now I don't want postpaid, bro. Their spam calls and behavior is just unethical. If they don't convert my number to prepaid I'll wait for January 30th and port my number to other operator and I'll never return to Airtel.

Bro, that is applicable when I ported my number to other operator and I want to switch to other operator before 90 days or my number is new. Not sure though.

I was using Airtel prepaid from 2015 and on October 31st 2018 I've upgraded it to postpaid. There wasn't any MNP involvement.

But still I feel you are correct.
Porting rule applies even for new numbers bro.

i took new voda postpaid few month ago,, but that no. was not feel good, so i deactivated it within 6 days through email to corporate care or voda care. I was connected to voda postpaid dept 4 yrs ago. many customers had surrendered within 1 month. there is no rule of that customer cant surender or migrate without 90 days ago. It is applicable only when customers is (changing company) porting.
I know very well that, voda or airtel executive can not process request for migrate from post to pre before 90 days. becoz for dat migration that previous executive- who migrated pre to post will count his FA (fatal error).
But if any customers can say very actively & in a serious mood- or talk to TL (team leader), then it may work.
**one think I want to share dat- the excursive will earn bonus points & commission when a customer passed 3 bill cycle after migrated from pre to post or new post connection. But there is minus point will count if customer migrated post to pre.

Here's the Solutions to your problem : -

1. Yes don't worry you were on airtel network whether Prepaid or Postpaid you were on network for more than 90 days. That's it so simply switch to some other network. I'm telling this not in air it's my personal experience I've migrated from Postpaid (with Mom and Dad but both of them decided to go with Jio) to Prepaid (1 day) again to Postpaid (for 45 days with brother to use his 299 GB) then port out to Jio.
  2. Tweet about the issue on twitter they'll surely help you out.

Thanks bros. I'll wait for few more days and if they don't convert it to prepaid I'll port out. :)
Tweet about the issue on twitter they'll surely help you out.
Tweeted a lot bro. let's see

Yes @hike bro, I've tagged dot and trai in a recent tweet (tweeted this evening).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock