Microsoft to end Windows XP support

Anirudha

Banned
Reaction score
What is Windows XP end of support?
Microsoft has provided support for Windows XP for the past 12 years. But now the time has come for us, along with our hardware and software partners, to invest our resources toward supporting more recent technologies so that we can continue to deliver great new experiences.

As a result, after April 8, 2014, technical assistance for Windows XP will no longer be available, including automatic updates that help protect your PC. Microsoft will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date. (If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive antimalware signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean that your PC will be secure because Microsoft will no longer be providing security updates to help protect your PC.)

If you continue to use Windows XP after support ends, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter greater numbers of apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.

Support is ending for Windows XP - Microsoft Windows

Windows XP and Windows 7 are my favorite OS. Sad to see that windows xp will soon die.

Gujar Vishal said:
Windows XP and Windows 7 are my favorite OS. Sad to see that windows xp will soon die.

Windows XP is still a favorite OS for many people.

Not only ATM's but also maximum banks is running in Windows XP because of its security feature and easy to use Windows XP is still running successfully in Accounts department.

If u don't want to upgrade your hardware switch to Linux :eek:hya

dipayan said:
If u don't want to upgrade your hardware switch to Linux :eek:hya

Well i don't have any problem if any problems occurs then it to Banking guys because they don't use to that OS so simply it effects to you and many of us because then Banking guys take holidays for learning linux os.

Anirudha Das said:
Well i don't have any problem if any problems occurs then it to Banking guys because they don't use to that OS so simply it effects to you and many of us because then Banking guys take holidays for learning linux os.

That's why I hate windows as we are the slave of Microsoft. When they want money they stop support an OS and put pressure on you to upgrade to newer OS by paying almost Rs 7000 :wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock