• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 952

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Dozens of journalists have been sacked after Microsoft decided to replace them with artificial intelligence software.

Staff who maintain the news homepages on Microsoft’s MSN website and its Edge browser – used by millions of Britons every day – have been told that they will be no longer be required because robots can now do their jobs.

Microsoft sacks journalists to replace them with robots

High Times Microsoft shuts down Bing and MSN.

Comparing to Google Search & News, how much % users would be using Bing & MSN. Any idea? I don't think it would be even 10% of what Google's userbase.

Comparing to Google Search & News, how much % users would be using Bing & MSN. Any idea? I don't think it would be even 10% of what Google's userbase.
Nobody actually.. We are forced to use IE due to compatibility issues in some organizations. So whenever we open new tab, that's when I know there's something called MSN and when I mistyped my url, Bing pops up to say I'm alive too...

That's probably why they decided they don't need any human to maintain them.

Bing News 1:87 Google News (approx) Ratio ;)

The artificially intelligence robots which many would have genuinely believed were better than humans at journalism, have run into trouble. It turns out, the intelligent robots have confused between two mixed-race members of the British pop group Little Mix.

The robot editors over at MSN.com had selected an article about Little Mix singer Jade Thirlwall’s experience with racism, but instead used a picture of Thirlwall’s bandmate Leigh-Anne Pinnock to go with it.

"@MSN If you’re going to copy and paste articles from other accurate media outlets, you might want to make sure you’re using an image of the correct mixed-race member of the group. This sh#t happens to @leighannepinnock and I ALL THE TIME that it’s become a running joke ... It offends me that you couldn’t differentiate the two women of colour out of four members of a group … DO BETTER!" Jade Thirlwall wrote in an Instagram story

Microsoft AI Robot Journalists Have Messed up Days After Replacing Humans With Much Fanfare

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock