- 3 Nov 2010
- Reaction score
Microsoft is releasing the source code for its original Windows File Manager from nearly 28 years ago. Originally released for Windows 3.0, the File Manager was a replacement for managing files through MS-DOS, and allowed Windows users to copy, move, delete, and search for files.
Effective July 2018, the Microsoft Community forums listed below will shift support scope and Microsoft staff will no longer provide technical support there. There will be no proactive reviews, monitoring, answering or answer marking of questions.
The support for the below products will be discontinued across different forums in the Community.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 8.1 RT
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Explorer 10
- Office 2010, 2013
- Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT, Surface 2
- Microsoft Band – this topic will be locked. Users are invited to participate in Microsoft Band 2 topic.
- Mobile devices forum – Microsoft support will continue in "Other Windows mobile devices" topic
- Zune – this topic will be locked, but will remain available for browsing
Microsoft Pay now supports Masterpass by Mastercard, so that consumers can use their Microsoft account for fast and secure checkouts at their favorite retailers that accept Masterpass, without the need to reenter their information.
Microsoft briefly overtakes Apple to become the world’s most valuable companyMicrosoft has overtaken Apple in market cap value for the first time in eight years. Microsoft reached a market cap value of $812.93 billion today, followed by Apple at a market cap of $812.60 billion. It made Microsoft the world’s most valuable company. Microsoft and Apple are now trading back and forth for the title.