Microsoft Edge is way faster than other browsers; up to 112% faster than Chrome

Sarkar

Reaction score
Yes you read that right. After years of ridicule, Microsoft has claimed its latest browser Microsoft Edge is faster than Chrome and Safari in their own benchmark tests! Not Microsoft benchmarks, but benchmarks created by Apple and Google teams. With the latest near-final version of Windows 10 released, Microsoft is adding finishing touches to the launchpad, and getting ready to ‘celebrate’ what is their biggest launch ever.

Microsoft-Edge-courtesy-microsoft-624x351.jpg

Microsoft Edge is blazingly fast

In a blog post on the Windows blog, Gabe Aul, Head of the Windows Insider program took the opportunity to announce performance findings from the latest Windows 10 build. He added:

“The Edge team has been continuing to optimise performance since first adding the new browser to Windows 10. In this build, Microsoft Edge is even better and is beating Chrome and Safari on their own JavaScript benchmarks:

On WebKit Sunspider, Edge is 112% faster than Chrome
On Google Octane, Edge is 11% faster than Chrome
On Apple JetStream, Edge is 37% faster than Chrome

We’re really pleased with those performance gains and we hope that you’ll enjoy faster browsing with Microsoft Edge along with the many great features we’ve added over the last several builds.”

If these are true, then it’s the best thing to happen to the browser space. If anything it’s best for the browser ecosystem that Microsoft, otherwise known for Internet Explorer has spruced up its browser performance with a more efficient EdgeHTML engine than the dominating WebKit. We’re sure this will boost further optimisation and innovation in other browsers.

For those unaware, the SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark is developed by the Apple Webkit development team. Although intended for the iOS, Mac, and Windows versions of Safari, which are powered by the Webkit engine, it is popularly used to benchmark browsers across platforms.

Yes you read that right. After years of ridicule, Microsoft has claimed its latest browser Microsoft Edge is faster than Chrome and Safari in their ow...

112% faster than Chrome [emoji15] [emoji15] Let's see whether it will survive or not [emoji106]

Yeah unbelievable to see that Edge is beating chrome on Google's own benchmark :sp

Now only things we need is extensions and I will jump onto New Edge :eek:hya

@Sarkar i don't think Edge will defeat any one of the browser... If it'll able to beat IE thn it'll be a big thing for them

wewake said:
@Sarkar i don't think Edge will defeat any one of the browser... If it'll able to beat IE thn it'll be a big thing for them

Firefox is great, customisable and with biggest add on library but lacks security, chrome is great on security and it is fast too but biggest drawback is high cpu/RAM usage which result very very low battery back up and heating issue due to high CPU usage. So we need a new browser & I think finally we got one MS Edge :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock