Good News Lenovo to use stock Android on all future phones; dumps Vibe UI

Lenovo announces its shift to stock Android UI; K8 Note to be first to come with new UI

Lenovo seems to have finally given up on its Vibe UI as the company is now be shifting to stock Android user interface in its upcoming smartphones. The first smartphone to come with Android Stock UI is Lenovo K8 Note, set to launch on August 9 in India.
The Chinese tech firm says that this will provide enhanced user experience on its devices and will also be able to deliver the latest OS versions faster than others. The Lenovo K8 Note will be the first in line to run on stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
"The move to stock Android will give users a cleaner interface, smoother experience and no excess bloatware - everything that a user has come to expect from a premium device," says the firm. The OS version will be offering features such as multi-window, launch actions and better notification management. Google Assistant will also be arriving as a part of the OS version.

Source: Lenovo announces its shift to stock Android UI; K8 Note to be first to come with new UI | Gadgets Now

I guess its posted here inside some thread in our forum already bro?

This is an excellent move from Lenovo. People were actually thinking they might change Motorola UI also to VIBE. But here they are, learning how to do business!!

Also,this is an cost cutting exercise from lenovo.I guess entire team will be sacked or relocated within the organization.

Yeah just copy pasting Google's android code. Not a good move considering they already have stock android in moto lineup. Modified android gives more functionality built in than default android. So customers should have choices.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock