{Latest PICS} {Review} LG Cinema 47LM8600 3D 1080p 240Hz

Reaction score
LG Cinema 47LM8600 3D 1080p 240Hz

I'm very impressed with this TV set, from its looks to its picture quality.
Specs don't tell the full story, though! For me, while specs are important. Overall, the LG's user interface is very good.

In this review, I'll cover the remote, the main apps interface and the tv's general usage controls.

TV Summary and Features :

Screen Size 47"
Display Type LED
3D Ready YES
LG Smart TV YES
TruMotion (Frame Rate) 240Hz
No. of HDMI Ports 4
No USB Ports 3

for more LG 47LM8600: 47" Class Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Full LED TV with SmartTV (46.9 inch diagonal) | LG USA :tup:tup

Regarding 50/60HZ Refresh Rate :

LG 47LM8600 Worked on Both 1080i @ 50Hz as well as 1080i @ 60Hz :tup:tup:tup:tup

--------
Remote:
--------
The magic remote is a combination IR/Bluetooth remote with motion sensing features. This allows you to shake the remote to wake it up, then point and click rather than navigate using up/down/left/right. The scroll wheel also serves as the "enter" button. I like using this remote and the point and click is much more intuitive than a traditional remote. The dedicated 3D button is convenient; however, I'd give up the 3D button for an Input selection button in a heartbeat.

The down-sides to this remote are that it's not universal, and since only the power on/off uses IR, you can't use this as a universal remote, nor can you get the functions you need from this remote in a universal. Therefore, you'll always be using more than one. The remote doesn't have a keyboard, so you'll be clicking an on-screen keyboard instead. With an emphasis on Smart Apps, this is a downer.

-------------
Smart TV Apps
-------------
The included apps are decent, I haven't tried using the included web browser yet using this tv. I've found LG's proprietary apps like the 3D showcase to be of little value. With the 3D showcase in particular, the shows are a static selection, and frankly they're pretty boring. It would have been nicer for LG to provide a channel with the latest 3D movie trailers or other promo content instead.

--
User Interface
--
I like that you can customize the tabs that hold the apps, however, I wish you could also place specific functions on them - such as dedicated input selections like HDMI1/HDMI2, etc.

Speaking of inputs, I honestly can't believe the limited selections for custom-naming your inputs. You can only select from a pre-determined list.
The built in picture adjustment wizard works fairly well,
-------------
General Usage
-------------
Picture quality is absolutely outstanding! I turned off the ambient light sensing, as it darkened the image too much, and also when you bring up menus, it would try to darken the screen - even the picture adjustment windows did this, which is not the time when you want your tv automatically adjusting the picture.

The 240Hz does take getting used to. It seems almost too sharp and blur-free, so it feels unlike watching a typical television. If you're a big sports watcher, this is great; however you may find the effect a bit un-natural and want to turn it down.

--
3D
--
LG has Given 6 Pairs of PASSIVE 3D Glasses
With LG's 2D to 3D conversion feature, the TV will automatically convert any standard 2D content to 3D content.
3D is really nice with the passive glasses. My observations show that this set seems a bit more natural with the 3D effect, The tv's allow you to adjust this settings, as well, so you can fine tune it to your preferences. Additionally, I can sit at a pretty decent side-angle and still see the 3D pretty well. It seems more sensitive to top-bottom viewing vs. side viewing.

---------------------
Physical construction
---------------------
The looks of this set are insane. The bezel is simply a 1-2mm piece of metal, which doesn't overlap the glass at all. The picture comes within about ½" of the bezel, so pretty much all you see on 3 sides is the screen with a thin black border. While the set is only about ½" thick at the top, it's a couple inches thick at the bottom to accommodate the speakers. The stand is cool looking, though a bit wobbly. The stand allows rotation from side to side, but no tilt ability.

One other point I'm not too happy with is that there's only one shared input for component and composite inputs. These both use a small cable dongle which takes the input and combines it into a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the tv. Therefore, unless you use optical audio, you can only get sound for one of these. Additionally, there's no s-video input at all. Our Wii uses the composite inputs, and our Blu-ray was originally hooked up using component. I could only get the sound to the tv for one of them, since the red/white wires only connect to the composite jack. Luckily, I was able to just buy another HDMI cable for the blu-ray. If you have more than one legacy input from these sources, you'll need to switch them through a receiver or input switch.

-----------
Conclusion
-----------
The 8600 has a nicer picture and looks. If U are a big sports-watcher or someone who places picture quality above user interface, my choice would have been 47LM8600.

LG has produced a very nice lineup of tvs, however they still need a bit of improvement with the user interface. The lack of namable inputs and direct input selection makes these sets less convenient to use. The default settings rack way to much toward energy savings creating a dynamically controlled picture that's often too dark.

Use of the magic remote is good, but the magic remote causes the need for more than one remote to use your other components, yet a universal remote cannot replace the magic remote, either.

Otherwise, the Smart tv apps are a bonus, even if the Android offerings and 3D samplers are pretty much useless. Hopefully updates in the future will bring these to be more useful.

After Connecting Tata Sky HD STB :

1) HD PQ is Good
2) HD AQ is really Worst in TS ( Especially in Star Cricket HD)
3) SD PQ is Really Worst ( not upto the Mark)
4) SD AQ is Good

After Connecting Videocon D2h HD STB :

1) HD PQ is Good
2) HD AQ is Awesome
3) SD PQ is upto the Mark ( 50% more than TS)
4) SD AQ is Good
5) 3D Channel is Awesome in LG 47LM8600

PS : Now I am thinking that Why I had Upgraded to TS HD from TS SD.... :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall

Finally Videocon d2h HD PQ is Better than Tata Sky HD PQ in my LG 47LM8600.... :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Old Pics

3Rk6cNL.jpg

8Mu2Mfg.jpg

jr67m4l.jpg

New Pics

MNt0ITX.jpg

EW8vT7M.jpg

kaP1bfK.jpg

Oax81U3.jpg

Q9L0O7y.jpg

jfXyZRm.jpg

uVnzzG3.jpg

aefDUWq.jpg

7aSCuIW.jpg

jH01ph6.jpg

ox6mVXs.jpg

G0gPyYU.jpg

FQPstum.jpg

wpjV81y.jpg

OX2Hrrx.jpg

VQG46L6.jpg

OiEiCBr.jpg

1pWxT7J.jpg

Y12sGzN.jpg

f3XoQU8.jpg

a2XRqmf.jpg

GrdNA4q.jpg

6hF366j.jpg

6MpmcJR.jpg

dxmWJZ3.jpg

Zt0nEiQ.jpg

2L1oN9b.jpg

v9IZ7JW.jpg

z5q0No2.jpg

jzdgOyC.jpg

PSEtNZ8.jpg

NHGHCX2.jpg

tRQfNqq.jpg

oYdGU8V.jpg

9tzfdST.jpg

brKHKeK.jpg

4GH5Yek.jpg

Any Doubts Regarding TV and its Features .. U can ask me...

Pics Taken From Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS ( 4000x3000)
These are converted Images

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Does tatasky has 1080i channels. i want to ask tru hd channels. Because some channels are showing HD but in reality it shows 720i. Please help thanks.

Raheel khawaja said:
Does tatasky has 1080i channels. i want to ask tru hd channels. Because some channels are showing HD but in reality it shows 720i. Please help thanks.

all indian HD Channels are 720P only

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock