Lance Klusener hopes TNPL stint will help him land IPL job

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Former South African allrounder Lance Klusener shares a special bond with India. Even since his Test debut at the Eden Gardens in 1996, Klusener has gone on to not only feature in numerous games in India, but was also part of the Mumbai Indians' dugout for three seasons in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Klusener now has been roped in by Lyca Kovai Kings as their chief coach for the inaugural edition of Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL).The 44-year-old felt the opportunity comes at a time when he is looking to be part of the IPL bandwagon again. "I have always enjoyed working in India, and it is an opportunity for me to be able to do so. I would obviously want to be part of the IPL once again, and this (coaching a TNPL franchise) is a stepping stone in that direction," the 44-year-old told TOI from Durban.

Klusener, who is currently the assistant coach for the Zimbabwe national side, is likely to come to India next month to be part of the TNPL franchise.

"New Zealand will tour Zimbabwe from July 28 to August 10.Since I will be part of the team (as support staff), my trip to India will happen once the series against New Zealand concludes," he said.

Klusener felt his knowledge of Indian conditions will be an added advantage. "I am obviously excited by the new challenge that's in front of me. It is important to go out there with an open mind and be ready to work with the people who are available. Having played in India and coached there as well, I know what works on those conditions and that to me is big plus," Klusener mentioned.

Interestingly, Klusener isn't averse to coaching even state sides such as Tamil Nadu in the domestic competitions.

"If an opportunity arises where a state team approaches me, I would definitely give it a shot. I have always believed that coaching is my way of giving back something to the game," pointed out Klusener.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/...cbuzzFeed+(Cricbuzz:+Cricket+Scores+and+News)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock