• Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,414

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I’ve some fantastic, earth-shattering-saving news: we’re announcing the global launch of Kaspersky Free, which, as you may have guessed by the title, is completely free-of-charge! Oh my giveaway!

kaspersky-free-antivirus-global-launch-1.jpg

We’ve been working on this release for a good year-and-a-half, with pilot versions in a few regions, research, analysis, tweaks and the rest of it, and out of all which we deduced the following:

• The free antivirus won’t be competing with our paid-for versions. In our paid-for versions there are many extra features, like: Parental Control, Online Payment Protection, and Secure Connection(VPN), which easily justify the ~$50 for premium protection.
  • There are a lot of users who don’t have the ~$50 to spend on premium protection; therefore, they install traditional freebies (which have more holes than Swiss cheese for malware to slip through) or they even rely on Windows Defender (ye gods!).
  • An increase in the number of installations of Kaspersky Free will positively affect the quality of protection of all users, since the big-data-bases will have more numbers to work with to better hone the machine learning.
38009401_original.jpg

KL AV for Free. Secure the Whole World Will Be. | Nota Bene: Eugene Kaspersky's Official Blog

Finally they make it available outside Russia. Must be feeling the heat of Windows Defender

Kaspersky Free Antivirus will offer file, email and web antivirus, automatic updates, self-defense, quarantine and more. However, this free version will lack many extra features like Parental Control, Online Payment Protection, and Secure Connection (VPN) that are available in their paid version. Since many features are removed, Kaspersky Free is lighter on system resources and quicker than paid version. Kaspersky also highlighted that this free version doesn’t come with advertising-oriented user-habit tracking and confidentiality infringements. Source

Download link: https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kfa2018/kfa18.0.0.405aben_12579.exe

Last edited:
Installed Kaspersky free Antivirus on my Desktop PC running windows 8.1
Screenshot_46.png

Last edited:
Installed Kaspersky free Antivirus on my Desktop PC running windows 8.1

Sumit bro , Does it have Behaviour blocker Or It only include traditional signature based detection ? Cloud protection is there or not ? :huh

Sumit bro , Does it have Behaviour blocker Or It only include traditional signature based detection ? Cloud protection is there or not ? :huh
Cloud protection is there and how to find it have Behaviour blocker

That's a Very Big downside. Traditional signature based detection is Not much useful now a days, it's better to use Windows defender then

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock