Discussion Jio Cinema and Voot to be merged

Is it good to merge Voot with JioCinema?

• Total voters
Simply name it JioTV+. + here refers to streaming content. Streaming linear TV channels must be exclusive to JioFiber user so + is for other content and non Jio user. It sounds good too. The more you experiment and explore. The more you ruin an existing good thing.

Simply name it JioTV+. + here refers to streaming content. Streaming linear TV channels must be exclusive to JioFiber user so + is for other content and non Jio user. It sounds good too. The more you experiment and explore. The more you ruin an existing good thing.

They will then have to rebrand the existing JioTV+ App in Jio STBs. That app provides the following content for Jio STB users:

1) Aggregate content from all other apps in the Jio STB.

2) Live TV from all other apps in the Jio STB (Zee5, Sony Liv, Voot, etc,).

3) Live TV that is exclusive to Jio STB, which are not available through other apps (Star Vijay from Disney+ Hotstar app which is not available in the same app for Android TV, Jio Cricket Channels, Raj TV, Polimer, Polimer News, etc).

4) Content exclusive to Jio STB, like movies and shows from apps that are not available in Jio STB (Lionsgate Play, Universal+, etc,).

In addition to this, the JIO TV+ App has a hard-coded button in the Jio STB Remote Controls for easy access. This would add additional complexity in the decision making process when it comes to rebranding the Jio Cinema & Voot Apps in order to integrate their existing content into the existing Jio TV+ App.

Why complicate things like that. When Jio music merged with Saavn it was branded as Jio Saavn. So when Jio cinema merges with Voot they can simply rebrand it as Jio Voot.

Why complicate things like that. When Jio music merged with Saavn it was branded as Jio Saavn. So when Jio cinema merges with Voot they can simply rebrand it as Jio Voot.
Neither jio is famous nor voot. They need attractive name , easy to say and represents their brand value.

When will be the new app coming? and is Paramount+ and Peacock will be integrated within the app like Disney+ Hotstar? Another off topic question is Sony LIV and Zee5 will become one app?
Dont expect merger of Zee5 Sony Liv anytime soon as it has to go through all approvals first

In the case of Jio and Voot I think they will keep Jio name and might have Select from Voot Select and name it Jio Select or Jio Select+

Not in the Indian market tho...
IPL will always grab more eyeballs in the Indian market than FIFA...
IPL will grab more eyeball but it is in TV in my opinion.

I think presently for OTT both are same coz OTT is watched by the middle class and upper class and for that segment I think they follow football especially Messi and Ronaldo as much as cricket

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock