Discussion Jio Write to TRAI against Vi on Minimum Spend to Send Port Out Request

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,029
Yes ideally the port out SMS should be made toll free and a subscriber should be able to send it from his sim so long as it is latched on to the operators network even without any active plan. Alternatively there should be a toll free number that he/she can give a missed call to and get the porting code SMS in reply, again this should be possible in the absence of any active plan.

Now all consumer's messiah organization TRAI needs to make port out messages free.

Yes ideally the port out SMS should be made toll free and a subscriber should be able to send it from his sim so long as it is latched on to the operators network even without any active plan. Alternatively there should be a toll free number that he/she can give a missed call to and get the porting code SMS in reply, again this should be possible in the absence of any active plan.
So true. The current high plan charges prevent customers from porting. But as customer need a new provider they take new SIM. This in turn results in shortage of numbers and creates problem when deactivated old numbers are given to new customers. So, making porting free is better for customers and companies.

Basically they are digging their own grave , its funny to think that by doing this they would stop exodus . Rather than improving their network and service , they are relying on such cheap tactics to retain customers . Also This will lead to panic among those few loyal VI customers .

As I had written in another thread, I had recharged my VI number with Rs.79 plan some 15 days back thinking I'll switch to Jio because VI doesn't provides E-Sim facility for prepaid customers, but came to know recently that SMS services have been removed in this plan, now I have main balance of Rs.45 and secondary balance from the Rs.79 plan of Rs.64 but still not able to send Port SMS, so I gave up porting as on joining Jio too I would be requiring to pay price again for a new plan.

In jio also its same case, need 149rs to get sms services. All three telecos should be penalized
Exactly Jio playing a saint role here instead of writing to TRAI why don't you make port request as free ?? Everybody cruel here for business but still I feel jio have some business ethics with them compare to AVi except this port out scenario

Exactly Jio playing a saint role here instead of writing to TRAI why don't you make port request as free ?? Everybody cruel here for business but still I feel jio have some business ethics with them compare to AVi except this port out scenario
With this complaint, I think Jio is ready to make the same change only if others do. Typical family kid saying I will also do if my brother does it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock