Discussion Jio Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) discussion thread

Jio has started tearing vowifi in redmi note 7 pro. Just saw it in my brother's phone. Will share the pics soon.

jio vowifi in Delhi circle working on my s8+ with excitel broadband. yay!

How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus manufacturers have kept these settings hidden under the hood. You can access this feature using the OnePlus Log Kit app. Moreover, these settings are not stable and you might face some issues with them. Anyways, here is how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro;

1. Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from the link here or here
  2. Install the OnePlus Log Kit app using its APK file.
  3. After installing the Log Kit app, open the dialer app.
  4. Dial *#800# to access a secret menu.
  5. You will see a warning pop-up. Tap on Enter. (Note- Follow the steps cautiously as a wrong step or move can damage your phone beyond repair.)
  6. Tap on the OnePlus Log Kit option on the top.
  7. Scroll down and tap the Function switch option.
  8. Tap on VoLTE Switch option and then tap on cancel button.
  9. Tap on VoWiFi switch option and then tap on the reboot button.
  10. Your device will get restarted and when it turns On, you will see that the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature is enabled on your OnePlus 7 Pro.

Once you have followed the above-mentioned steps, then you can enable the feature easily. I would like to again bring to your notice that, please follow the steps carefully and sequentially to avoid any permanent damage to your device. Moreover, once you have enabled this feature, you can access them by;

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on WiFi & Internet option.
  3. Select Sim & Network option.
The most important thing is Jio needs to have enabled VoWifi or Wifi-Calling from their backend for you to get the service. Jio is supposed to enable it by 16th January 2020 as per their press release. So have some patience.

Some people are saying that enabling this option causes battery drain. However, I have been using this method for 3 months now on my OnePlus 7 and my battery life is exactly the way it was.

Credits

Last edited:
How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus manufacturers have kept these settings hidden under the hood. You can access this feature using the OnePlus Log Kit app. Moreover, these settings are not stable and you might face some issues with them. Anyways, here is how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on OnePlus 7 Pro;

1. Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from the link here or here
  2. Install the OnePlus Log Kit app using its APK file.
  3. After installing the Log Kit app, open the dialer app.
  4. Dial *#800# to access a secret menu.
  5. You will see a warning pop-up. Tap on Enter. (Note- Follow the steps cautiously as a wrong step or move can damage your phone beyond repair.)
  6. Tap on the OnePlus Log Kit option on the top.
  7. Scroll down and tap the Function switch option.
  8. Tap on VoLTE Switch option and then tap on cancel button.
  9. Tap on VoWiFi switch option and then tap on the reboot button.
  10. Your device will get restarted and when it turns On, you will see that the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature is enabled on your OnePlus 7 Pro.

Once you have followed the above-mentioned steps, then you can enable the feature easily. I would like to again bring to your notice that, please follow the steps carefully and sequentially to avoid any permanent damage to your device. Moreover, once you have enabled this feature, you can access them by;

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on WiFi & Internet option.
  3. Select Sim & Network option.
The most important thing is Jio needs to have enabled VoWifi or Wifi-Calling from their backend for you to get the service. Jio is supposed to enable it by 16th January 2020 as per their press release. So have some patience.

Some people are saying that enabling this option causes battery drain. However, I have been using this method for 3 months now on my OnePlus 7 and my battery life is exactly the way it was.

Credits
I used this to activate it on my OnePlus 7 also but unless it's activated from Jio back end in my circle (Mumbai) it's not of much use.

I used this to activate it on my OnePlus 7 also but unless it's activated from Jio back end in my circle (Mumbai) it's not of much use.
I have mentioned that in Red. It's definitely of use because now your phone is ready for VoWifi whenever it is enabled (Which is by 16th Jan 2020). Or you can remain at the mercy of OnePlus to push out a staged update which can take months to reach your handset.

I have mentioned that in Red. It's definitely of use because now your phone is ready for VoWifi whenever it is enabled (Which is by 16th Jan 2020). Or you can remain at the mercy of OnePlus to push out a staged update which can take months to reach your handset.
Cool let's wait for a week and see if we get it, fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock