Seeking Help Jio Set Top Box: HDMI Resolution

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
This is a Jio STB question, which is similar to a question (linked below) I posted on the Sun Direct forum yesterday.

Jio STB has the option to choose between the following FULL HD resolutions:
1080i 50Hz
1080p 50Hz

My TV can play both the above resolution types.

In the Sun Direct thread, I was basically suggested to leave the default setting as it was (the Sun Direct STB's default setting is AUTO, which displays in 1080i).

The reason given was, no TV Channels currently broadcast their programs in 1080p. All TV channels seem to be broadcasting only in 1080i. That is why all DTH providers are in turn providing us all content in 1080i (and not in 1080p).

Because Sun Direct's default setting was 1080i, I left it as it was (AUTO).

However, the Jio STB seems to be defaulting its setting to 1080p 50Hz.

So now I am confused. Should I leave it as 1080p 50Hz, or should I change it to 1080i 50Hz?

Jio STB Users:

1) Does the Jio STB default to 1080p for you too?
2) What setting would you suggest? 1080p or 1080i?

Any help is appreciated :)

Note:
This setting could be found under:
Settings --> HDMI Resolution

My Sun Direct Question:
Seeking Help - Sun Direct HD: 1080p or 1080i ?

Last edited:
Unlike Sun Direct STB, Jio STB is a hybrid model. It aggregates the content across various OTT services and most of them support 1080p for their content (Except live TV). That's probably the reason they default it to 1080p. The setting can be left at 1080p.

I am having Samsung 4K TV running on Tizen. The picture quality I get it from the TV in SunNXT, Zee5 Prime Video are far better than from my Jio STB. Any one noticed? How to fix? Since I am planning to get all the subsctiption from JIo fiber, I am not satisfied with the quality they provide. Thinking going back to individual subscriptions.

I am having Samsung 4K TV running on Tizen. The picture quality I get it from the TV in SunNXT, Zee5 Prime Video are far better than from my Jio STB. Any one noticed? How to fix? Since I am planning to get all the subsctiption from JIo fiber, I am not satisfied with the quality they provide. Thinking going back to individual subscriptions.
Make sure to run the contents on high resistance through the app.

When you are running any content through Jio STB, make sure the contents are running in high quality. Then you can easily compare the difference.
I am doing this very frequently. I set up the resolution to Auto and 1080p both are of same quqlity. Even when I tried with MI Box 4K that gives equql best quality as my TV. I am dis satified with jio STB

I am doing this very frequently. I set up the resolution to Auto and 1080p both are of same quqlity. Even when I tried with MI Box 4K that gives equql best quality as my TV. I am dis satified with jio STB
Then throw it away

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock