Seeking Help Jio Fiber - Prepaid to Postpaid Deposit Amount ?

• Thread starter SATFAN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 6,460

SATFAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Bro, anyone explain if you have any idea about Prepaid to Post paid.

Iam having now Jiofiber prepaid connection with Set top box(Paid Deposit-Rs.2500). If i change to postpaid , in website mentioned -Prepaid balance will be credited in the Postpaid account. But what about Deposit amount paid for Prepaid Connection.

Jio Sales person informed we have to surrender our old connection and get new connection as post paid for getting refund of deposit(Hopefully its Rs.1000 and not Rs.2500).
Want to take 399+200 =Postpaid plan for gettig OTT Apps.

I am not aware of the deposit refund policy.

With Prepaid, if they want to, one can stop using Jio Fiber any time after their current validity period ends.

With Postpaid, there will be a bill at the end of every month (or after any longer time period if one chooses to pay in advance). If one wants to stop using Jio Fiber, they'll have to contact Jio and cancel the service manually. And probably answer questions on why they are canceling the service.

There might be other differences. But the above, to my knowledge, is the primary difference.

If i change to postpaid , in website mentioned -Prepaid balance will be credited in the Postpaid account
Yes remaining balance will be credited in the postpaid account.
But what about Deposit amount paid for Prepaid Connection.
From the FAQ 👇
Jio Sales person informed we have to surrender our old connection and get new connection as post paid for getting refund of deposit(Hopefully its Rs.1000 and not Rs.2500).
Maybe try asking via Twitter and email and see what they respond.

It is worth noting that Jio sales person gets commission for every new connection. They won't get any benefits if you convert your existing prepaid connection to postpaid connection.

Like @sumitroy bro suggested, you should reach out to JioFiber customer support first.

It is worth noting that Jio sales person gets commission for every new connection. They won't get any benefits if you convert your existing prepaid connection to postpaid connection.

Like @sumitroy bro suggested, you should reach out to JioFiber customer support first.
Unable to reach customer support bro...only automated voice message ...Tried through even WhatsApp...all in vain...
@sumitroy ,bro that faq link is for mobile I think.
@Optimus_Prime , bro for new connection have to take 6 or 12 months advance for 399 plan ( + entertainment bonanza rs.200)

Last edited:
I called my area technician today.
He told , after expiry of my current existing plan, I can surrender my existing connection.
And have to apply for again new connection for postpaid by paying 6month adv. Rental for free set top box.

I called my area technician today.
He told , after expiry of my current existing plan, I can surrender my existing connection.
And have to apply for again new connection for postpaid by paying 6month adv. Rental for free set top box.
Thanks for clarification bro. So, no option of Deposit amount credited in Post Paid account from Prepaid account. Only option is to surrender the connection and take new one but with 6 months adv.rental.

Thanks for clarification bro. So, no option of Deposit amount credited in Post Paid account from Prepaid account. Only option is to surrender the connection and take new one but with 6 months adv.rental.
Clarification from Jio CC
You can convert your prepaid connection to postpaid by paying one month fee advance which will be adjusted in your next billing cycle.
Your 500 SD towards prepaid connection will be carry forward to Postpaid connection.
You will also get a free set top box.
But local technican prefer a new connection as he will get commission for new connection. If you go with new connection , you have to surrender your prepaid connection and thus you will get 500SD back. And you have to pay 599*6+GST for postpaid connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock