Discussion Jio eSIM activation experience

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 22,936

venky

Reaction score
Just want to share an experience on Jio Esim activation

My friend bought a Pixel 4a and wanted to have Esim activated for his existing JIO connection so that he can use both his sims. He did all the steps mentioned by Jio and got activation code, Esim number etc. As per their procedure, we will be getting an SMS after 2 hours placing the sim upgrade request and we have to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no to a number 183.

In our case. we got the confirmation SMS and when we tried sending SMS to 183, it didn't work. We trying everything including restarting the device, changing sim, nothing worked. So we contacted Jio on Twitter. We got 3 support incidents and the first guy asked us to get PORT code by sending SMS to 1900.
We tried to make him understand, but no luck. Again retweeted and got another lady on the phone who presented us with migration option from prepaid to postpaid (donno where this migration came from). At last, we called up support and got someone who said Aadhar is required for ESIM. At this point, we dropped our plan migrating to ESIM.

Just imagine if activation part itself sucks, means if something doesn't work wi†h ESIM, we will be done. Anybody else tried ESIM activation or already using it?

My friend bought a Pixel 4a and wanted to have Esim activated for his existing JIO connection so that he can use both his sims. He did all the steps mentioned by Jio and got activation code, Esim number etc. As per their procedure, we will be getting an SMS after 2 hours placing the sim upgrade request and we have to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no to a number 183.

In our case. we got the confirmation SMS and when we tried sending SMS to 183, it didn't work. We trying everything including restarting the device, changing sim, nothing worked. So we contacted Jio on Twitter. We got 3 support incidents and the first guy asked us to get PORT code by sending SMS to 1900.
We tried to make him understand, but no luck. Again retweeted and got another lady on the phone who presented us with migration option from prepaid to postpaid (donno where this migration came from). At last, we called up support and got someone who said Aadhar is required for ESIM. At this point, we dropped our plan migrating to ESIM.

Just imagine if activation part itself sucks, means if something doesn't work wi†h ESIM, we will be done. Anybody else tried ESIM activation or already using it?
Visit Jiostore offline your e-sim will be activated instantly.. One of my Relatives got their e-sim activated from offline store

I think you shouls send sms to 199 instead of 183.

otherwise last and guaranteed option is visit jiostore with documents .

My doubt where we will get this EID? and link u shared shows that EID available under sim staus of sim2. which already having JIO sim network, which is impossible without ESIM being already configured or physical sim inserted into pixel device. but again how can u insert physical sim in SLOT2 of pixel device?

For Jio it is mandatory to visit the Jio store to get the migration done unlike Airtel where you can do it sitting at home. Just go to the store and the executive will get it done for you.

I think you shouls send sms to 199 instead of 183.

otherwise last and guaranteed option is visit jiostore with documents .

My doubt where we will get this EID? and link u shared shows that EID available under sim staus of sim2. which already having JIO sim network, which is impossible without ESIM being already configured or physical sim inserted into pixel device. but again how can u insert physical sim in SLOT2 of pixel device?

EID is there under SIM status. Initial 2 SMS are to be send to 199. Final confirmation should be to 183. They have a system which doesn't work. Esim actually helps us not going to their store.

EID is there under SIM status. Initial 2 SMS are to be send to 199.
Ok, EID is under sim staus, but screenshot must be incorrect, bcoz it shows jio network,which would not be case with new brand new pixel.

Why dont u try sending to 199. othewise last option is visiting store.

I didn't try sending to 199 is because all the SMS, Emails asked me to do it to 183. We will try visiting the store.

I activated esim on my Jio number and it activated smoothly on my iPhone 12. It took 2 hrs for the process to complete. SMS started after 24 hrs of esim activation.

I'm facing same issue, all the steps were performed correctly but I didn't receive final and most important 32 digit activation code. Since I did the tele confirmation call where I'm supposed to type 19digit esim number to confirm, my physical sim has lost network and I didn't even get esim activation code. Am just stuck with no number currently which sucks. Only if Jio had seemless system like Airtel or Vi.
To get my problem solved I called 199 (jio customer care) and spoke to customer care representative, they said me to wait it out for another day. I hope this problem gets sorted
Out.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock