Good News Jio delivers highest download speed of 21.8 Mbps & Idea tops in upload speed: TRAI

Sai Jai

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Mukesh Ambani-driven Reliance Jio has topped the speed tests of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India ( TRAI ) by recording download speed of 21.8 Mbps in the month of November, where Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular saw speeds of 9.3 Mbps, 9.9 Mbps and 8.1 Mbps respectively.

Interestingly, Idea Cellular recorded the highest upload speed of 7.1 Mbps in the month of November when compared to other operators. Airtel, Vodafone and Jio recorded upload speeds of 3.9 Mbps, 6.2 Mbps and 4.9 Mbps respectively.

In October Jio saw speeds of 21.9 Mbps, and seemingly Airtel and Vodafone witnessed increase in their download speeds where their speeds were 7.5 Mbps and 8.7 Mbps respectively in October.

However, Idea Cellular’s download speed declined in the month of November when compared with its speed in October which stood at 8.6 Mbps.

Reliance Jio delivers highest download speed of 21.8 Mbps, Idea tops in upload speed: TRAI - ET Telecom

I am getting good speeds with Jio in rural areas but low speeds in city region. I think average speeds would still be good.

kipSYKV.jpg

TRAI app is not measuring Average speed otherwise there would not be this huge difference between Ookla/Opensignal/Netflix measurement vs TRAI measurement
I did not understand the difference :unsure:
I think TRAI app collects speeds and releases average of all the speeds uploaded by all users. How is this different that the results from Ookla?

I did not understand the difference :unsure:
I think TRAI app collects speeds and releases average of all the speeds uploaded by all users. How is this different that the results from Ookla?

There are lots of ifs and buts present, for example if you do speed test after Jio FUP ookla will still show you full speed but you know speed is only 128 Kbps, and on top of that sample size matters

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock