Discussion Jio Cinema - The New Sports Destination for Viacom18 all Sports Contents

• Thread starter iSK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,612
  • Views: Views 194,276
So this is the reason Vikram Vedha Digital Rights changed from Voot Select to Jio Cinema
2nsnv8Y.jpg

agsQXRM.png

Last edited:
Will Jio Cinema (or whatever name it will be called later ) be showing upcoming Fifa World Cup in 4k HDR ?

Last edited:
The big thing that we want to say is that it's on Jio Cinema, which is our digital destination for the FIFA World Cup. What we are going to do is it will be without any subscription fees. So, marquee content like FIFA WC will be at no cost for viewers. We will have English, Hindi, Malayalam, Bengali, and Tamil feeds on Jio Cinema. We will also be doing a 4K feed, which is a big thing. It will also have a few other functionalities, including multi-camera angles which will allow consumers to choose which camera to watch it on. It will be available on all three telcos – Jio, Vi and Airtel.

Jio Cinema is going to be the platform that I just talked about. We will leverage Jio Cinema's massive reach for FIFA World Cup. Currently, Jio Cinema doesn't do sports but it is changing completely to become a live sports destination. Jio Cinema will continue to have all the other video-on-demand content but we are also putting live sports on it.

I read about this about a month ago in a news portal, may be it was a leaked news at that time. One more thing is that users can select the camera angle that they want to watch from. I do not know whether it is true or not.

Will Jio Cinema (or whatever name it will be called later ) be showing upcoming Fifa World Cup in 4k HDR ?
yes.
I read about this about a month ago in a news portal, may be it was a leaked news at that time. One more thing is that users can select the camera angle that they want to watch from. I do not know whether it is true or not.
did you read the first post interview ? That was for IPL now this news is for Fifa WC . CEO itself said so its true.

hope this decision not effect addition of sports18 HD addition
Free giving FIFA on Ott means Viacom want to push Android tv or fire / mi stick users boost

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock