Breaking Reliance Jio AirFiber announced

U999X0D

Contributor
Reaction score
vzjm1uw.jpg

KC2ya1j.jpg

Jio AirFiber can be the game changer if its not a gimmick..

I think Tikona was working on similar kind of model but it fell flat because the internet connectivity from the nearby towers was not at all stable and speeds kept dropping during peak hours, not sure how stable it would be with 5G specifically when the device would be placed inside homes

I think Tikona was working on similar kind of model but it fell flat because the internet connectivity from the nearby towers was not at all stable and speeds kept dropping during peak hours, not sure how stable it would be with 5G specifically when the device would be placed inside homes
Tikona was using an unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum the same one that is used by your home wifi router which is prone to interference, so that could never deliver the experience which Jio will be able to with its licenced dedicated spectrum in the low/mid/mmWave band combination and carrier aggregation.

As in case of 4G, potential may be like 100 mpbs but mostly, we do get at least around 10-15 mbps on most occasions even in high density area except areas not covered properly, so same way with 5G potential may be of 1000 mpbs, but even it can give us 100 mpbs consistently with a device like that and with good data plans, then surely it will give tough days to wired broadband and only day light for wired BB providers will be to offer even cheaper plans. Within just 2 months, we will have clear picture as I think it will be available as soon as 5G starts in metros around dewali.

I am very interested in Jio Fiber. I stay in a tier 1 city but in a housing complex/society. Jio Fibre is 100 mtrs from my house, but somehow they are not allowed to enter our comlex by the local cable wallah/party member. Airtel is not there. Other local fibre connections are also not allowed.

To people like me, this would be a god send. In US, a lot of users are taking T-mobile and Verizon's fixed wireless access (jio airfibre) Their plans are competitive with good speeds and unlimited data cap.

I am expecting something similar from Jio. Even a 50 mbps symmetrical with 3.3 TB fair usage cap( like the lowest jiofiber plan) will be enough for my current needs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock