Discussion Is Disney+ Hotstar worth ₹1499 price tag without IPL?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 3,395

Is Disney+ Hotstar worth ₹1499 price tag without IPL?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Recently Viacom acquired IPL rights for $3.1 billion for next 5 years which marks the exit of IPL from Star's streaming platform after 8 years. Hotstar's biggest draw was IPL breaking streaming records. Now with IPL leaving. Do you guys think the pricing of ₹1499 is justified for the current content?

Well Disney needs to put it's strategy in place - especially in India. As the current way of content acquisition and library is not going to help in long run. Especially with IPL not being with them from next season onwards.

Depends on the content an individual likes, I don't enjoy much Disney content except Marvel and Pixar maybe and the HBO library is also very limited, their Indian originals are below average, only thing I enjoy is sports that they have, still they need vast improvements considering Indian population.

Still they have International cricket from BCCI & ICC till 2023, so its ok till 2023.

Last edited:
Are there any sporting events like Premier League, F1 or Wimbledon provided in 4K? Cricket isn't available in 4K like Prime Video offers at same price of ₹1499.

Cricket isn't available in 4K like Prime Video offers at same price of ₹1499.
Just FYI, Prime didn't provide 4k on their cricket streams.. It's just FHD only. Only difference is they broadcasted at higher FPS and ad-free (Which even Hotstar does when it does not involve Indian team)..

Coming to the worthiness of the subscription, I Will find content right through the week. Even then I'm currently having multiple shows on my Watchlist which I'm yet to start. I can't say the same about others. I may watch The Boys on Friday on Prime Video or a movie or two when they release. Same with Netflix, I had watched Stranger Things, then The Umbrella Academy now again waiting for Vol 2 of Stranger Things. I had started The Lincoln Lawyer, haven't found it interesting so dropped that.

With all the FX, and HBO content they have, it's a pure quality for many people like me. I watch Star Wars and Marvel shows whenever they drop. Nat Geo content adds another layer to that.. Disney and Pixar content is an icing on the top... All of their Indian original shows may be not be great, but they do produce some good watches... It's the same with every other competitor as well.

They still have PL, BCCI, SA, ICC, ISL, FIH rights among many others which adds more value to the offering easily.

So, I will say it's more than worth it for me... Opinions may differ., but still it offers the best value for money among the Indian streamers currently.

Disney+ originals, HBO originals, BCCI rights and ICC rights, Premier league, formula 1 and Wimbledon. I think it's still very much worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock