Discussion IPL should happen in fall or spring?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,382

When should IPL take place?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
So I have been hearing that IPL 2021 will take place in April-May which I personally think is not a good idea because of the weather. Many matches are delayed and cancelled because of rain and storm during this time. Even viewers faces power cuts and cable-dth issues because of rain.

Even for advertisers fall seems ideal season as most major sales of the year happens during the festive season. What could be better than advertising on biggest event of the year?

So do you think BCCI should permanently shift IPL to September-October-November?

No. April May is fine as that time not much content is there to watch during these times which makes IPL watching great
You would prefer interrupted and cancelled matches over play during pleasant weather?

If IPL's schedule is not there. Great content would be produced to fill the void. I personally would prefer a tour of England as Summer months are horrible to play there because of rain. Remember how many matches of 2019 World Cup got spoiled because of rain?

if ipl happen in india you have to be prepared for rain not season effect too much.
rain in india hapen in any season. but icreadeby 2020 ipl 1st season when no match effected by rain and that effect also shown in points table which showed till play off stage neck to neck points finish.

instead of season bcci should look more on ground facilities like eden gardens

So I have been hearing that IPL 2021 will take place in April-May which I personally think is not a good idea because of the weather. Many matches are delayed and cancelled because of rain and storm during this time. Even viewers faces power cuts and cable-dth issues because of rain.

Even for advertisers fall seems ideal season as most major sales of the year happens during the festive season. What could be better than advertising on biggest event of the year?

So do you think BCCI should permanently shift IPL to September-October-November?
Idk about North though! The period you suggesting more likely to rain in South than in the Summer. U are forgetting that this season is playing in UAE, that's why there is no interruption. Even now I had to watch on Hotstar due to rains and all. Summer is a much better time, hardly not more than 2 are being cancelled per season on an average, if its happening now, there is a more possibility of cancellation.

For Example: Hyderabad has received a lot rain last month, there was chance if 2-3 matches were scheduled in Hyderabad in that period, certainly there was point but to cancel them as city itself is waterlogged.

Last edited:
Many matches are delayed and cancelled because of rain and storm during this time. Even viewers faces power cuts and cable-dth issues because of rain.
In that case, in Bangalore, during Fall, it'll be even more rains and cable dth issues.

April May is so much better.

What?? April-May months are rainy? In most regions of the India if not all, it is summer season in those months(40+ degrees). Only few venues like bengaluru have rains, there also only 1-2 matches are cancelled max. If u are referring to occasionally rains like in cyclones or storms then it can happen in any part of the year so it will be have to be taken into account while scheduling.

Plus in summer months schools and colleges are on holidays so viewership will be more than any other months.

There were heavy rains during the current IPL too in Bangalore, won't make much difference to RCB home matches washout at least.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock