Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Good point about identity. Why not take those exact 4-5 players in the auction?
Buddy! Franchises build their brand values on the backs of their players. Take CSK, MI for example thier brand value are high comparatively high due to continuity in their core team and support staffs. If we take the retention previlige the brand values will go down taking down the total value of IPL itself. That's why minimum retention should be there, so that people can connect with the franchises and allowing franchises to build brand value simultaneously.

Why not take the exact same brand value players in auction?

Why not take the exact same brand value players in auction?
I don't know buddy! U are on a loop why not Auctions. The same is explained previously for last 2-3 pages I guess. Retentions are not a bad thing, it's fair for all the teams, if teams don't use them properly then it's their problem. I can give you plenty of examples there. Take erstwhile DC for example, they haven't retained Rohit Sharma, that guy now won 5 IPL as captain for MI. If he had been retained he would be captaining SRH for sure now. There are plenty of similar examples, from Delhi, KKR, Punjab, RCB etc etc. U cannot blame teams using the system introduced from the first IPL itself because they are beneficial for them. David Warner, ABD, Sky, etc etc shifted from teams which haven't used the system properly

As per Reports, BCCI officials thinking to increase Overseas players spot from 4 to 5 players from next IPL onwards.
Nah bad move. Won't give opportunity to Indian players. Instead they could increase overall foreigners in team from 8 to 9-10...

Nah bad move. Won't give opportunity to Indian players. Instead they could increase overall foreigners in team from 8 to 9-10...
It's a good move for most of Teams for eg KKR & RR they both have good overseas players on bench now if 5 overseas players are allowed, they can set their Playing 11 with 2 overseas Pace bowlers, 2 overseas all-rounders, and 1 Overseas Opener/ wicket keeper.

If it's 10 team affair, I guess this can be accepted as we have already experienced that debacle in 2011 with both the new teams at the bottom of the table without proper Indian players(ik that is 2011, now we have many players coming through U19 and India A circuits). We can accept 6-5 quota may be can help if that new slot is made available to ensure participation associate nations players then it's a good enough deviation. But properly there won't be any restrictions as such. Anyway we shall get the whole details in next 2-3 months, we have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock