Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be dedicated only to football. Sachin Tendulkar raised an issue on the pitch being changed due to football. The new under construction stadium in Trivandrum should provide that exclusivity for Cricket
The New Stadium Is Not Under Construction. It Has Already Hosted 2 Intl Matches. Ind Vs Nz T20 And Ind Vs Wi ODI.

The New Stadium Is Not Under Construction. It Has Already Hosted 2 Intl Matches. Ind Vs Nz T20 And Ind Vs Wi ODI.
I'm not talking about the Greenfield stadium. Another stadium is being constructed at TVM, exclusively for cricket

I'm not talking about the Greenfield stadium. Another stadium is being constructed at TVM, exclusively for cricket

KCA (Kerala Cricket Association) is constructing a cricket stadium at Mangalapuram in Trivandrum district. It will take at least a couple more years to complete.
The new stadium is about 8kms from Greenfields stadium.
Greenfields stadium is operated under BOT mode and they are asking a very high rent for hosting cricket matches.
Currently KCA is not using the ground for Ranji matches, those are held in a college ground (Thumba St. Xaviers) nearby.

The Bombay High Court on Monday dismissed a PIL alleging violation of noise pollution norms during IPL matches, saying let there be some cacophony in society as people are bound to cheer and shout during cricket matches.“Let the society have some fun and enjoyment... let there be some cacophony in it. Let people enjoy,” Chief Justice Nandrajog said.
Source

If kerala get a team. Then it should be given to trivandrum. Because greenfield stadium is suited for cricket 1000times better than current kochi stadium which had a football turf.

If kerala get a team. Then it should be given to trivandrum. Because greenfield stadium is suited for cricket 1000times better than current kochi stadium which had a football turf.
Very unlikely bro. Kochi is where they'll get all the money.

They should start a combined league for domestic league champions. As nearly every country has their own domestic league, it is possible. But then only problem is money. The last time it is was one of the cause for closing down the league.

There should be Only One Team Frm Every State.. One team shud be frm Ahmedabad/Gujarat N second one Frm Kochi/kerala or frm Any North east state.... Every state shud get equal chance..

The best model I would suggest is

1. 11 IPL teams from 2021 onwards
2. All players go into auction poll.
3. No Retaining or Right-to-Match in the auction for 2021.
4. After 2021, only Right-to-match to be allowed. No retaining
5. Each team plays the other once. So 5 home games and 5 away games
6. Max 5 foreigners allowed
7. 1 foreign player compulsorily from the lesser known nations
8. No more toss - Away team gets to decide what they want to do
9. Bonus point system for big margin wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock