• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4,403
  • Views: Views 213,997

Who will win the IPL 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 10 ipl teams will participate then I think ipl should follow the bbl playoffs system.
But I don't think 10 ipl teams should be added from next year. First they should try with 9 teams from next years.
And incase if 10 teams are approved then I think 5 foreign players should be allowed in playing 11.

Last edited:
A vision for IPL 2.0 — how BCCI’s cash cow can become the world’s top sporting league
This is an interesting article. As IPL is basically a cash cow now, then we should treat it as a cash cow. So we should remove that overseas cap and use Domestic competition like Ranji, SMA to develop talent. Having talents from all countries will increase it's popularity and will result in more value. Do give it a read and comment.👍
While they think they can model after the American leagues or even the Football leagues, it isn't possible with Cricket unless ICC fundamentally change how cricket is played now by reducing bilateral series especially Tests and ODI's. Cricket isn't just about T2O cricket. And I would like a second tier league but it isn't viable. For example take an example, RCB which has the Indian captain and one of the most followed cricketer, had come in the last place, played a tier 2 league and wasn't able to qualify for the tier 1 league. With players of that stature are missing the IPL it's a huge loss and a waste of Talent. The same was learned from Champions league which was only successful with IPL teams, and STAR decided they cannot bear without audience interest and unstable everything else leading to cancellation of the event itself.

Last edited:
While they think they can model after the American leagues or even the Football leagues, it isn't possible with Cricket unless ICC fundamentally change how cricket is played now by reducing bilateral series especially Tests and ODI's. Cricket isn't just about T2O cricket. And I would like a second tier league but it isn't viable. For example take an example, RCB which has the Indian captain and one of the most followed cricketer, had come in the last place, played a tier 2 league and wasn't able to qualify for the tier 1 league. With players of that stature are missing the IPL it's a huge loss and a waste of Talent. The same was learned from Champions league which was only successful with IPL teams, and STAR decided they cannot bear without audience interest and unstable everything else leading to cancellation of the event itself.
I am also not in support of that two tier league. But talking about overseas cap and two team from BD and SL. I think that will increase value of league by many fold and also capture audience of both countries. It is also viable by having double headers in 2 month. Whatever happen, they should get rid of overseas cap if want to make IPL most valued league in world above NBA, EPL, NFL. The writer also rightly said BCCI sit on gold mines and do nothing until someone takes his share.

An 6-8 team second division IPL with promotion and relegation is still feasible I think, with Tier II cities - Pune, Rajkot, Gwalior, Thiruvananthapuram, Lucknow, Dharmasala, Ranchi etc.
The matches could happen in September-November every year.
Indian and foreign players not part of IPL can play in this league.

As per Report's, 5 Teams are against RTM in upcoming Auctions only 3 teams supporting RTM are MI, DC & RR.

24th December decision will come up if RTM is available for Franchise in Auctions or it is scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock