Discussion International Affairs - News & Discussion

Britain asks: Is America back or has it turned its back?

The humiliation of the lightning Taliban takeover in Afghanistan after a 20-year war that cost hundreds of thousands of lives has raised a question for the United States' staunchest European ally: Is America really back as President Joe Biden promised?

Britain fears the Taliban's return and the vacuum left by the West's chaotic withdrawal will allow militants from al Qaeda and Islamic State to gain a foothold in Afghanistan, just 20 years after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.

I will start the first discussions here.

1. Could the trillions of dollars wasted on ungrateful people which led to US being humiliated at global stage be used to fund an universal free healthcare for the taxpaying Americans?

2. Does Afghans owes apology to all the NATO soldiers who wasted their time and sacrificed their lives for accepting Sharia lifestyle over democracy?

What has happened so far today?​

• There have been chaotic scenes at Kabul airport as Afghans try to flee
  • Several people were reported killed at the airport, and video appeared to show dozens of desperate Afghans running alongside a military transporter plane, some even clinging to the side of the aircraft
  • Former President Hamid Karzai is in contact with the Taliban with a view to bringing peace to the country, he says
  • The defence ministry in Uzbekistan says its air defence forces have shot down an Afghan military jet after it crossed their border
  • A number of Western countries have started evacuation flights out of Kabul
  • More than 60 countries have issued a joint statement calling on the Taliban to allow people to leave
  • Earlier today, the US completed the evacuation of its embassy and took down its flag at its diplomatic quarters.

I will start the first discussions here.

1. Could the trillions of dollars wasted on ungrateful people which led to US being humiliated at global stage be used to fund an universal free healthcare for the taxpaying Americans?

2. Does Afghans owes apology to all the NATO soldiers who wasted their time and sacrificed their lives for accepting Sharia lifestyle over democracy?
US helped Taliban to grow...did we forget that. It's not as easy as blaming people. They're powerless. Revolutions don't happen easy. If Taliban can successfully defend themselves against mighty US and NATO for 20 years...how the hell can people defeat them.

US helped Taliban to grow...did we forget that. It's not as easy as blaming people. They're powerless. Revolutions don't happen easy. If Taliban can successfully defend themselves against mighty US and NATO for 20 years...how the hell can people defeat them.
If I am not wrong. They were kicked out to Pakistan for last 20 years. Taliban is not the same mujahideen who fought the Soviet. These Talibani fighters are conservative students who were mostly bought up in Pakistan who kicked out the same mujahideens to set their draconian Sharia regime.

Do remember that it were Afghans who welcomed Taliban with open arms.

This is so heartbreaking. It sums up everything in that bold headline.
RA5Jj6l.jpg

If I am not wrong. They were kicked out to Pakistan for last 20 years. Taliban is not the same mujahideen who fought the Soviet. These Talibani fighters are conservative students who were mostly bought up in Pakistan who kicked out the same mujahideens to set their draconian Sharia regime.

Do remember that it were Afghans who welcomed Taliban with open arms.
US should have just took revenge of Osama and get out of there... this need of theirs to install democracy to people stuck in middle age doesn't end well for anybody. They haven't learned anything from Vietnam or South American experience.

US should have just took revenge of Osama and get out of there... this need of theirs to install democracy to people stuck in middle age doesn't end well for anybody. They haven't learned anything from Vietnam or South American experience.
I totally agree with you. They should've never ousted Saddam out of power either. Middle East is in worst state it has ever been. Because of the power vaccum US left after the invasion of Iraq. Than Bush had to win the election. He even rejected Taliban offering him Bin Laden.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock