Good News Installed New Airtel Fiber Connection

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Installed new Airtel fiber connection, earlier received GX model router but getting low speed problem so placed request for replacement now recieved ZTE Model, opted for 40 mbps plan paid 6 month advance rental to waive of installation charges, getting 45 - 50mbps speed on 5ghz band but getting 25-30 mbps speed on 2.4 ghz band

ZTE MODEL

V80j7Ys.jpg

Earlier recieved GX Model - Made in India Model, GX model has 2 LAN ports as compared to ZTE which has 4 LAN ports, I personally didn't like the Hardware quality of GX model also the range of network is quite less.

qUV22a0.jpg

Speed test on 5 ghz

YPjEJcn.jpg

Speed test on 2.4 ghz

1TsZals.jpg

Is this normal getting 25-30 mbps speed in 2.4 ghz, friends if any suggestions welcomed. Special thanks to @Abhinav842 bro for resolving all my queries.

Last edited:
Congratulations bro.
Yes, you'll get less speed in 2.4GHz than 5GHz. Your speed is absolutely good & normal.
How much is the speed difference in both the routers?

Airtel Xstream Fiber is now expanding rapidly & faster. In our area too, many people have taken airtel fiber in recent days & some have replaced their jio fiber with it due to high charges & poor service of jio.

Last edited:
Congratulations bro.
Yes, you'll get less speed in 2.4GHz than 5GHz. Your speed is absolutely good & normal.

Airtel Xstream Fiber is now expanding rapidly & faster. In our area too, many people have taken airtel fiber in recent days & some have replaced their jio fiber with it due to high charges & poor service of jio.
High charges on JIO? :huh::huh:

Congratulations bro.

Bro in ZTE 2.4 Ghz I am getting 25-30 mbps but in GX I was getting 15-20 mbps but sometimes as low as 3-5 mbps speed.

Also the range of network is quite less in GX as compared to ZTE

I did ask airtel about speed issue on 2.4 ghz they told as it half of 5ghz then the speed will be half as compared to 5 ghz, also there is capping for 2.4 ghz speed as a 100 mbps plan user will get max upto 40 mbps speed on 2.4 ghz so a 40 mbps plan will get speed accordingly.

Also I searched Google - got this result

Irrespective of any plan you choose in airtel Xtreme fiber you will get only 40mbps as max speed due to the restriction policy for the 2.4 Ghz band. You can only get the max promised speed in 5 Ghz band only.

I did asked airtel that's wasn't told to me before installation that's totally unfair from airtel side.

Last edited:
Congrats bro...

Reg low speeds in 2.4GHz, it is expected. If you are getting good speed in 5GHz WiFi, then they are not doing anything wrong. 2.4GHz Wifi has to encounter a lot of interferences. Reason is many devices are using / sharing the 2.4GHz band including the Cordless phones, nearby Wifi signals, microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, even IR remote controls. If you are living in apartments with so many home each with their own router with wifi, then speed and quality of internet decreases drastically.

Always buy devices that can make use of 5GHz WiFi. If you have for example one old laptop, which has no support for 5GHz WiFi, then go for USB adapters like this to have good speed. I am using one such device for few years and it is totally worthy, imho. The only problem with 5GHz wifi is the limited range.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock