India's Hockey coach Oltmans set for extension till 2020 Olympics

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
With the Indian men's hockey team delivering some fine results under his tutelage, Roelant Oltmans' contract as chief coach is set to be extended till the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Oltmans, who served as High Performance Director before doubling up as chief coach following the sacking of Paul van a** last year, has helmed the team to the silver medal at the Azlan Shah Cup and the recent title triumph at the Asian Championship Trophy, after a hardfought 3-2 victory against arch-rivals Pakistan in the final on Sunday.

India had also made it to the quarter-finals stage at the Rio Olympic Games earlier this year.

"Yes, we got a request from Hockey India asking about renewal of Oltmans' contract till 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Looking at the team's progress and his performance, the Sports Authority of India doesn't have any problems. So, we have forwarded the file to the Ministry. So you can say it's in progress," a top SAI source told PTI .

"He has done a great job with the team and he deserves it. Regarding his terms and conditions, there are minute changes which I won't like to get into," he added.

Oltmans said he is looking forward to the extension and continue working with the Indian hockey team.

"Yes, I got to know that my contract has been renewed. I got to know it from HI. There are minute changes in my terms and conditions but I am yet to get an official confirmation," he said.

Hockey coach Oltmans set for extension till 2020 Olympics - Rediff Sports

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock