India's 1 billion mobile users to re-verify with Aadhar card

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
After making Aadhaar number mandatory for filing of Income Tax returns, the government is soon going to make it compulsory for obtaining SIM cards too, media reports say.

A report in the Aaj Tak said that the Department of Telecom has sent a notice to telecom companies asking them to ensure that the SIM card of the mobile subscribesrs is linked to his/her Aadhaar card.

The DoT has asked the telecom operators to complete the process within a year, the media report said.

What happens to the existing customers?

All the existing customers will have to be re-verified by the telecom companies. Both pre-paid and post-paid users will have to fill in the re-verification under Aadhar card E-KYC process.

How will the verification be done?

The customers will be verified through SMSes. Telecom companies will send verification codes to its customers.

No Aadhaar card? You might not get SIM card too | Zee News

RE: No Aadhaar card? You might not get SIM card too

Good move..No more fake card use to obtain SIM by Terrorist

17522630_284365682001950_4858611918385419952_n.jpg

SUPERDTH said:
Bcoz that time BJP top leader is not modi

haha from where Modi came here before He came Aadhar Scheme proposed & there is Internet Bankings & Card Payments & So on.Any Financial matters it should be RBI & not Ruling Govt get credits don't know why its Changed now.

I would not wonder on Modi getting credits for everything because if there is Rocket Launch by ISRO Rural UP believed when interviewed during Election rounds it is a hard work by Modi because He said in Maan Ki Baat.

Don't know with the very least Political Awareness where India is heading towards??

I am not for or against anyone or Party but I will not believe anything and Everything as Everyone projects & believe in.

Rules are changing according to mind changes. People are suffering.
Modi and supreme court told before adhar card is not mandatory....... now words changed

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock