Seeking Help I want the cheapest possible connection only for occasional web browsing

happy_penguin

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 phones. I am using Airtel prepaid on one phone. Its a very basic phone. No web browsing possible.
The other phone (Nokia Asha 501) is at the moment unused. There is no sim in it.
I want to take a new prepaid connection for the Nokia solely for web browsing that too occasionally when I am out of my house in a place where I am feeling bored.

Q1) Which provider offers the cheapest data plans ?
Q2) What is the price of a new sim ?
Q3) How much money will I have to pay for the first month ?

1. The plans of the private operators are almost the same. BSNL still has the cheapest tariffs.
2. All the new SIM cards have a mandatory FRC which has to be done when purchasing the SIM. BSNL exchange can exempt you from immediate FRC but you have to do it yourself once your SIM card activates. The minimum cost is usually around 60-65 now a days.
3. As I said, the FRC usually includes the first month of free usage so you would be set for the first month.

Now some advisories from my side:-
1. The phone you are trying to use is a dinosaur technology GSM phone. The operators now have very limited bandwidth for 2G data as much of the GSM business is being run on guard bands.
2. You will have a hard time getting any web page to load and I am saying this for all operators existing in India.
3. Please upgrade your phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock