How to protect the printer by using password ?

Karthik

Reaction score
How to do this ?
I only want to use my printer. No other has access denied. Is there is any password. Any software to create password ?

Try this

1. Log in as an administrator and click Start, Printers & Faxes (Devices and Printers in Windows 7).

2. Find the printer you wish to protect, and right-click Properties. In Windows 7, double-click the printer icon and select Customize this printer.

3. Click the Security tab, and you'll see the security settings for the printer.

4. Highlight your account in the Group or User Names section, and make sure all boxes under Allow are checked.

5. Highlight Everyone in the Group or User Names section, and make sure all boxes under Deny are checked.

That's it! After you have made your selections, you will be the only one who can print on the configured computer.

Src: pcworld.com

mystic said:
Try this

1. Log in as an administrator and click Start, Printers & Faxes (Devices and Printers in Windows 7).

2. Find the printer you wish to protect, and right-click Properties. In Windows 7, double-click the printer icon and select Customize this printer.

3. Click the Security tab, and you'll see the security settings for the printer.

4. Highlight your account in the Group or User Names section, and make sure all boxes under Allow are checked.

5. Highlight Everyone in the Group or User Names section, and make sure all boxes under Deny are checked.

That's it! After you have made your selections, you will be the only one who can print on the configured computer.

Src: pcworld.com

He was asking how to block it for other users who use his laptop/computer?.........I was thinking he have latest printers which comes with bluetooth,wifi etc etc etc options and asking for it..:D

Raviteja said:
He was asking how to block it for other users who use his laptop/computer?.........I was thinking he have latest printers which comes with bluetooth,wifi etc etc etc options and asking for it..:D

I am also not sure what he actually asking for... ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock