How to protect CD/DVD from copying ?

Jenitkumar

Reaction score
I have some ISO image files on my CD and I want that no one can copy the content in it.

Is there any trick / freeware to fulfil my reqirement ?

Thanks..

The answer is a YES and a NO.

YES you can protect a CD from copying using softwares like LazerLock or SecuROM. :):):)

Another simple way is using the SecurDisc feature of Nero. But for this your CD/DVD drive should have this feature. This feature will showup on the screen only if the drive supports it. ;););)

NO because even if you protect your CD using those softwares, if I have a ISO burner software i can bypass all protection and copy it. Because ISO burners would read the CD as a ISO image and not as a media content. Also you will be protecting only the digital content on the CD not the ISO. :p:p:p:p:p:p

mmadhankumar said:
NO because even if you protect your CD using those softwares, if I have a ISO burner software i can bypass all protection and copy it. Because ISO burners would read the CD as a ISO image and not as a media content. Also you will be protecting only the digital content on the CD not the ISO. :p:p:p:p:p:p
Then it will be better to zip those iso image using zip utility with password. Then burn that zipped file to CD/DVD

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock