How the id*ot box became smart

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
465933ffc4a2895834de9fb9cd2a7e23.jpg

There was a time when it was a put-down to say someone was 'acting smart'. Today, it is high praise.

More so if it is a thing - like a phone, rather than a person. In 2014, TV too has become smart. It comes with a built-in WiFi antenna so that you can use the same screen to view cable content or surf the Internet.

This has long been on my wish-list: I see an old movie playing on some channel and feel the urge to check out the details of the story or remind myself who that actor is,
whose name escapes.

I see an ad for a holiday package
and like to check if the fares are cheaper any where else. I also long to play some of the free online TV programming on the larger screen of my TV Smart TVs allow you to switch from TV to Internet with a
flick of the remote; but the asking price of a new Smart TV is too much for me.

Now it seems, we can have the best of both worlds. Stick with our existing non-smart TVs and
'smarten' them in their old age, with an add on device or app that costs very little.

Abroad, you have plug-in devices like Miracast, Chromecast and most recently Amazon's Fire TV.

Now, clever Indian developers have come up with desi options which do much the same thing: Net-connect your TV and let you stream
Internet to your TV screen.

Mango Man, a Bangalore based start-up, has developed a HD Media Streaming Dongle called Teewe , that connects to your television via an HDMI Port and lets you search for and play a wide variety of Internet content.

It comes with a smartphone app (Available on Google Play and Apple App Store) which lets the phone double up as a remote control.

You can also watch downloaded content from your laptop and other storage devices on the TV. Teewe available at Snapdeal for Rs 1999.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141110/technology-latest/article/how-convert-your-existing-tv-smart-tv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock