Discussion How do you clean vegetables to stay safe from Covid-19 virus?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 1,486

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
My grandmother fell. I had to take her to hospital. I couldn't buy any vegetables at day time. Than at noon there was this hail storm. We ran out of everything even potatoes. So I found a seller. He was making tobacco using hands. Since I had no option. I bought the vegetables from him. Now I feel uncomfortable eating vegetables. Is there any way to wash the vegetables with soap? I don't want to inhale that tobacco.

My grandmother fell. I had to take her to hospital. I couldn't buy any vegetables at day time. Than at noon there was this hail storm. We ran out of everything even potatoes. So I found a seller. He was making tobacco using hands. Since I had no option. I bought the vegetables from him. Now I feel uncomfortable eating vegetables. Is there any way to wash the vegetables with soap? I don't want to inhale that tobacco.
Better wash with turmeric and salt water mix washing with soap will make more harm than tobacco.

Just wash nicely with water, soap is for cleaning hands, it would do much harm if consumed.

According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), washing fruits and vegetables with soap, detergent or commercial produce wash is not recommended. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also doesn’t recommend washing fruits and vegetables with soap, detergent or commercial produce wash. Soap or detergent residues can stay on produce.
3 Myths About Washing Fruits and Veggies — and How to Do it Right

Just add baking powder (sodium bi carbonate ) or common salt (Sodium chloride ) with a bucket full of water and immense veggies in that bucket for 15-20 minute.
Don't wash potato like this. It will rot your potatoes. U can try for other veggies.

Just add baking powder (sodium bi carbonate ) or common salt (Sodium chloride ) with a bucket full of water and immense veggies in that bucket for 15-20 minute.
Don't wash potato like this. It will rot your potatoes. U can try for other veggies.
Even we are washing vegetables with baking soda and warm water since last 1 month. It works well.

PS: My town is in Red Zone.

Even we are washing vegetables with baking soda and warm water since last 1 month. It works well.

PS: My town is in Red Zone.
Same here ..since lock down 1.. we at home also following baking soda n warm water method.. Its really vry effective.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock