• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 2,203

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Chennai is practically the first Indian city to have gone dry with the Central Water Commission reporting a rainfall deficit of 41 per cent in Tamil Nadu till June 13 this year.

Most of Chennai's population today is dependent on water tankers and curtailed municipal supply for daily requirement of drinking water. News television screens show women waiting for hours in long queues and scurrying to water tankers to get water which barely meets the drinking and kitchen requirements. Water for sanitation is scarce. Laundry and bathing are nothing short of luxury in today's Chennai.

How Chennai lost its water, a story that should worry you

Bengaluru to follow soon . More or less , every city/ region is going to go through same situation sooner or later unless some concrete steps are taken keept aside politics

what makes me wonder is from in school geography we used to study how coromandel coast receive 2 monsoon in a year whereas whole India receive only one but still water scarcity in TN :cautious:
Exactly, Just look at the western MP !! We receive just 40-45 inch rain a year (only 35 inches in my city last year ) and in summer temperature goes up to 45. Still, our groundwater borewells are working and we even get water from municipal regularly. I think population and Industrialization plays a big role in such conditions !!

Last edited:
what makes me wonder is from in school geography we used to study how coromandel coast receive 2 monsoon in a year whereas whole India receive only one but still water scarcity in TN :cautious:
Wrong Whole TN receive only one monsoon only except some districts in TN receive rain in June to September the monsoon time of Kerala & Karnataka other than that only one monsoon only but yes I agree due to modern development we lost ground water drastically 🙄🙄😔😔

And also last year Chennai lost >50% of rainfall that is also major problem 😔😔🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
Exactly, Just look at the western MP !! We receive just 40-45 inch rain a year (only 35 inches in my city last year ) and in summer temperature goes up to 45. Still, our groundwater borewells are working and we even get water from municipal regularly. I think population and Industrialization plays a big role in such conditions !!
Don't take it personally guys....but I think God is angry with Chennai (Bhagwan ka prakop) flood, extreme high temperature,cyclone and now this water scarcity.... every year some disaster is happening....it reminds me of tumbad ....

Whom to blame ☹️

Don't take it personally guys....but I think God is angry with Chennai (Bhagwan ka prakop) flood, extreme high temperature,cyclone and now this water scarcity.... every year some disaster is happening....it reminds me of tumbad ....

Whom to blame ☹
Why angry on Chennai only?? Whole India is responsible for such nature condition.

Last edited:
Chennai doesn't have any river?🤔
no they have(it will flow only if lakes are full) chennai's main water supply is Kanchipuram and thiruvallur districts all the lakes providing water to chennai is all dry now

FYI chennai r last 5 months chennai didnt received a single drop of rain! last two days only its raining!

no they have(it will flow only if lakes are full) chennai's main water supply is Kanchipuram and thiruvallur districts all the lakes providing water to chennai is all dry now

FYI chennai r last 5 months chennai didnt received a single drop of rain! last two days only its raining!
Bro I am in Chennai from yesterday it didnot rain yesterday.😊😊😊:p:p:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock