• Thread starter Msingh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 10,933

Msingh

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I have VIP membership of hotstar and recently noticed ads played during the movies. When I contacted the support team, this is what their reply was. Now what is the point of having membership if we have to see the irritating ads.

Hi! @DisneyPlusHSVIP users will get Ads on Star Serials, Movies, LIVE Sports and News. Hotstar Specials will remain Ad-free. You may check out @DisneyPlusHSP for Ad-free experience on movies and shows. Though even Premium users get Ads on live sports and news.

Last edited:
I have VIP membership of hotstar and recently noticed ads played during the movies. When I contacted the support team, this is what their reply was. Now what is the point of having membership if we have to see the irritating ads.

Hi! @DisneyPlusHSVIP users will get Ads on Star Serials, Movies, LIVE Sports and News. Hotstar Specials will remain Ad-free. You may check out @DisneyPlusHSP for Ad-free experience on movies and shows. Though even Premium users get Ads on live sports and news.

It's been there since they have introduced VIP. It is even mentioned when you try signing up. It's not service providers fault when we assume things. We have to be careful in selecting what we needed.
7cDsPNb.jpg

Last edited:
It's been there since they have introduced VIP. It is even mentioned when you try signing up. It's not service providers fault when we assume things. We have to be careful in selecting what we needed.
7cDsPNb.jpg
Ohh, I never noticed ads in the past. I noticed yesterday only while watching some movie.

7cDsPNb.jpg
Before D+h came, this wasn't the case, VIP was also ad-free

Ohh, I never noticed ads in the past. I noticed yesterday only while watching some movie.
It's because then only Hotstar Specials were there in VIP and they are ad free.
Before D+h came, this wasn't the case, VIP was also ad-free
No bro! Since its introduction, it's with ads only. Even I have suggested many people to go for Premium as don't want adds. U might have assumed this as Hotstar Specials were ad free.

VIP always had ads. I subscribed to VIP first, and in a day I switched to premium because of the ads. I took the subscription way before Disney+.
Ok got it, will plan to upgrade to premium then.

VIP always had ads. I subscribed to VIP first, and in a day I switched to premium because of the ads. I took the subscription way before Disney+.

No bro! Since its introduction, it's with ads only. Even I have suggested many people to go for Premium as don't want adds. U might have assumed this as Hotstar Specials were ad free.
Hotstar specials as well as Star Plus shows were always ad free for me.

I think ads were only there during live sports content.
Live sports events have ads even on premium. VIP has ads on all content, barring hotstar specials.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock