Sad News Hotstar Making Nat Geo Shows / Movies as premium

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
I have noticed that Nat Geo stuff is either missing or made under premium subscription. Then searched for National Geographic Channel which was to available in Channels and its also missing. Finally on Twitter found that as Nat Geo is being made part of Disney+. However not sure actually what they meant by? Disney+ is coming to Hotstar right :wall::wall::wall:

Source

BTnNGnG.jpg

3WuZ4Yg.jpg

YgvLyMc.jpg

haDtGVp.jpg

Nothing new. Nat Geo was always premium after expiration of contract. They removed. Then readded as free.

Last edited:
Nothing new. Nat Geo was always premium after expiration of contract. Then removed. Then readded as free.

It's been free for last two years I guess. Anyhow I Don't understand what the guys meant by NGC content will be on Disney+. Isn't is coming to Hotstar only 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It's been free for last two years I guess. Anyhow I Don't understand what the guys meant by NGC content will be on Disney+. Isn't is coming to Hotstar only 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
2 years ago Hotstar contract with Nat Geo expired. All shows were premium then. After renewal of contract they readded all Nat Geo's shows for free. I think they are referring to Disney+ as premium.

Some months ago Chandrayaan 2 - The landing show was available in vip now it's showing in premium:sad::verysad2:

Reasons possible -

Chs like Nat Geo have limited audience, after TRAI Tariff Order much of niche base has moved digital to consume content and in this case almost entire viewer base of Nat Geo might have ditched it on TV. Hence this would have caused loss of ad revenue from linear/tv medium, having content free on hotstar would have stretched this issue hence all of it now clubbed under vip section. This step will balance the equation. Other mass genres do not face this problem.

Another thing is that soon Disney might come up with combo plans offering subscribers complimentary or discounted access to certain content if same is opted on tv... This might be done in relation to it, also in future Disney might provide A&E network content under free preview to popularise it on digital medium in India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock