Seeking Help HDFC Classic or Prime

Harsh_10

Reaction score
I have HDFC Prime account. I recently got offer to convert my account in classic account.

What are pros & cons in switching from prime to classic account?

Pros: 1. You'll be eligible of getting* a Premium Credit Card (Infinia/Diners Black or at least Regalia). If you already have one, you can be upgraded to higher one.
2. You'll get Classic embossed Platinum Chip Debit Card at nil annual charge with enhanced features.
3. No charges for usage of HDFC Bank as well as Non HDFC Bank ATMs (Domestic).
*As per RBI guidelines, currently HDFC isn't issuing credit cards to new customers.
Cons: A minimum Average Monthly Balance of Rs. 1 Lac to be maintained (NA for salary Account holders). One of my branch officials mentioned, charges for not maintaining AMB is nil. Same is mentioned in HDFC site as well. (not sure, how that contradiction works).

What is the eligibility criteria for Prime? @Endgame @Harsh_10
HDFC don’t have (at least the customers don’t know) the set standard for Prime or higher categories banking classification, same is applicable to their Credit Cards segment as well.
Even the branch officials (including branch managers and relationship managers) don’t have any knowledge about it.
HDFC don’t even follow what mentioned in their websites.

HDFC don’t have (at least the customers don’t know) the set standard for Prime or higher categories banking classification, same is applicable to their Credit Cards segment as well.
Even the branch officials (including branch managers and relationship managers) don’t have any knowledge about it.
HDFC don’t even follow what mentioned in their websites.

Oh yes, the last sentence is something I had an inkling about, too. Well, I have emailed them for criteria, let’s see what they come up with, if.

Thank you for your response! :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock