HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank start Rs 150 levy on cash transactions

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,105

Sarkar

Reaction score
Giving a major push to digitalisation and cashless transaction, the HDFC Bank and Axis Bank has today began charging a minimum of Rs 150 per transaction for deposits and withdrawals after four free transactions per month.

Giving a major push to digitalisation and cashless transaction, the HDFC Bank and Axis Bank has today began charging a minimum of Rs 150 per transaction for deposits and withdrawals after four free transactions per month. Previously the banks used to charge Rs 20 for deposit and withdrawal after four transactions. In an official circular, HDFC Bank has stated that the charges which will be applied to both savings and salary accounts, will be effective from today.

The bank would also cap the third party cash transactions at Rs 25,000 per day, while cash handling charges would be withdrawn effective today, the circular added. The move was seen in some quarters as aimed at discouraging cash transactions and furthering the digital payment drive. For the basic no-frills accounts, maximum four cash withdrawals would continue to remain free and there would be no fees for cash deposits.

In case of ICICI Bank, the charges are same as they were before the demonetisation move announced on November 8, while there is an increase in such fees in case of some others. According to details on ICICI Bank website, there will be no charge for first four transactions a month in home branch while Rs 5 per thousand rupees would be charged thereafter subject to a minimum of Rs 150 in the same month. The third party limit would be Rs 50,000 per day. For non-home branches, ICICI Bank would not charge anything for first cash withdrawal of a calendar month and Rs 5 per thousand rupees thereafter subject to a minimum of Rs 150. For anywhere cash deposit, ICICI Bank would charge Rs 5 per thousand rupees (subject to a minimum of 150) at branches, while deposit at Cash Acceptance Machine would be free of charge for first cash deposit of a calendar month and Rs 5 per thousand thereafter.

At Axis Bank, the first five transactions or Rs 10 lakhs of cash deposits or withdrawals would be free and charged at Rs 5 per thousand rupees or Rs 150, whichever is higher. It could not be ascertained whether the public sector banks have also begun imposing such charges. When contacted, a senior official said there has been no directive from the government to the banks regarding levy of such charges.

HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank start Rs 150 levy on cash transactions - The Financial Express

Bad Move :wall:wall:dodgy .. How dare they took money for deposits :angry:angry:eek:damn ..

Sarkar said:
Take it as cash handling charge i.e printing currency, transporting and arranging security for it which was 21000 crore(If I am not wrong) last year according to RBI data. 

BTW good move now SBI and all public banks should impose this  :eek:hya

for that already they are taking annaul maintence charge , sms charge , debit card charge blah blah etc..... Then this is need bro :huh I cant understand how for god sick itz a gud move :wall:wall:dodgy ..

Gobinaath said:
for that already they are taking annaul maintence charge , sms charge , debit card charge blah blah etc..... Then this is need bro :huh I cant understand how for god sick itz a gud move :wall:wall:dodgy ..
You have four free transactions bro..
By this move, people will start accepting money via digital mode. Direct transfer to bank is easy for giving and also for receiving. Less cash in economy will strengthen it. Do make note, i am saying less cash, and not cashless.
These are the few steps which is required to be taken to curb black money hoarding.
And about charges:
1. We pay 110 per annum for debit card charges, which is acceptable.
2. Sms charge differs at every bank. Sbi charges 5 per month. And then bank also paying us interest for our money too. (Edited)
Our little little contribution is necessary bro..

Ritesh said:
You have four free transactions bro..
By this move, people will start accepting money via digital mode. Direct transfer to bank is easy for giving and also for receiving. Less cash in economy will strengthen it. Do make note, i am saying less cash, and not cashless.
These are the few steps which is required to be taken to curb black money hoarding.

All are ok bro .. but it ok for withdrawl but deposit unacceptble bro .. And 4 count not @ all enough .. All is gud bro when it goes uniform instead of inducting into people not @ all gud .. And we have to pay SC for digital tx-ion too bro ..

Ritesh said:
And then bank also paying you interest for your money too.

Our little little contribution is necessary bro..

Didnt expect this sentence from you bro .. All are getting interest bro not only me bro .. One thing bro they giving 4% to 6% only but they rotating our money in sharemarket and other financial usuage and almost double the amount but we got 4% .. And i am paying 110rs. For junk sbi atm for 24hrs. Closed one .. Not little contribution bro big big looting going on to grab people money but no improvement (accept demonetization) but not these ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock