HBO content removed from Disney+ Hotstar in India

What are they even talking about?
How can Disney+ live if Hotstar dies? Both are the same.
For that article. I am willing to terminate even my free membership.
e31sZ6f.jpg

I just hope they separate the sport content and then i won't even bother which shows they are putting on.
By sports you mean a Premier League pass? They don't have much to as sports now.

Yeah, I forgot the deal with Cricket Australia.

3ySMqem.png

WVjoh67.png

So, there are less than 1% of the subscribers that watch HBO content on Disney+ Hotstar.. No wonder they didn't bother to renew. This says a lot about why WBD didn't bother to launch the service.

So, basically if 5 lakh people subscribed for HBO content, all of those subs @1499, they don't even break even at ₹80 crores per year.

Probably, this along with losing IPL rights are the necessary things that needs to happen to make Disney+ Hotstar reinvent itself as the content streaming platform rather than sports streamer which it used to be.

Let's see... I don't think any established players touches HBO at that price point, unless Reliance thinks it's necessary for them to grow... Let's see.

HBO needs to find a new partner that doesn't leak any content like the previous one did specially of it's most popular show.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock