Harmanpreet Kaur named Women's T20I captain for West Indies series, Asia Cup

Shivraj

Reaction score
Harmanpreet Kaur, 27-year-old batter, has been named India Women's Twenty20 International captain for the upcoming home series against West Indies in November and the Asia Cup Championship in Thailand in November-December.
The Moga-born top-order batter first led India in the final of the 2012 Women's Twenty20 Asia Cup where India defended 81 runs to beat Pakistan and clinch their record fifth title.
Meanwhile, Mithali Raj retains the One-Day International (ODI) leadership as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced a 15-member squad for the home series against West Indies on Saturday (October 29).
West Indies will play India in a three-ODI series, the points of which will contribute towards the ICC Women's ODI Championship, as well as a three-game T20I series. All six games will be played at Vijaywada, from November 10 to 22. Five days later, Harampreet-led India Women will travel to Thailand to play Asia Cup, which will go on till December 5.
Sukanya Parida, the 23-year-old Bengal pacer who clinched two top-order wickets in India Red's title win at the Senior Women's Challenger Trophy in Vadodara, earned her maiden call-up for ODIs.Mona Meshram, who last played an ODI in 2013 against Bangladesh, will be making her comeback. The Vidarbha batter impressed in the recently-concluded Senior Women's One-Day League by notching 225 runs to finish third on the highest run-getter's list. Maharashtra's Devika Vaidya, who finished seventh on the list with 195 runs in six innings, has also been included in the ODI squad for the first time, two years after her T20I debut against South Africa.
Sushma Verma, the Himachal Pradesh wicketkeeper, will be replaced by Madhya Pradesh's Nuzhat Parween after the conclusion of the ODI leg of the West Indies series. Parween earned the call-up after an impressive show for India Green in the Challenger Trophy. Verma, however, returns to the squad for the Asia Cup Championship later next month.
Apart from Parween, uncapped opener S Meghana (Andhra Pradesh) and pacer Mansi Joshi (Haryana) have been included in the squad for both the West Indies T20Is and the Asia Cup. Offspinner Preeti Bose, who made her ODI debut against Sri Lanka in Ranchi earlier this year, too has been handed T20I call up for the first time.
Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Deepti Sharma , who was a part of India's 2016 ICC Women's T20 WC squad but featured only in the warm-ups, has retained her spot, though only for home T20s.

Squads for West Indies ODIs: Mithali Raj (Captain), Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Thirush Kamini, Mona Meshram, Veda Krishnamurthy, Jhulan Goswami, Shikha Pandey, Devika Vaidya, Sushma Verma (wicketkeeper), Sukanya Parida, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Deepti Sharma.

Squad for West Indies T20Is: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Mithali Raj, Smriti Mandhana, Vanitha VR, S Meghana, Anuja Patil, Veda Krishnamurthy, Jhulan Goswami, Nuzhat Parween (wicketkeeper), Shikha Pandey, Preeti Bose, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Mansi Joshi, Deepti Sharma.

Squad for Asia Cup Women's Championship:
Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Mithali Raj, Smriti Mandhana, Vanitha VR, S Meghana, Anuja Patil, Veda Krishnamurthy, Jhulan Goswami, Nuzhat Parween, Sushma Verma (wicketkeeper), Shikha Pandey, Preeti Bose, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Mansi Joshi.

http://opera.m.cricbuzz.com/cricket...-t20i-captain-for-west-indies-series-asia-cup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock