Happy Birthday Kalaignar Karunanithi

CHENNAI: A reel-style drama unfolded in Chennai on Wednesday as well-wishers celebrated the 92nd birthday of DMK chief M Karunanidhi. While wall posters screamed salutations to the chief describing him as the 'oxygen of politics' and calling him a 'legend', social media was flooded with wishes for the leader. In fact, the buzz around the leader's birthday made the Twitter hashtag wishing Karunanidhi trend on top for a while.

At 92, Karunanidhi clearly continues to enjoy the support of his wellwishers, party colleagues and cadres."He looked younger today , what with all the excitement. Although he has been meeting people from 5.30 am, the leader did not look tired throughout the day ," said DMK MLA J Anbazhagan.

While the leader continues to bask in the limelight, the wait is getting longer for his son and political heir MK Stalin. Despite Karunanidhi making it clear many times in the past that Stalin will be his successor in the DMK, the actual coronation is yet to happen.

"There is no need for our leader to say anything about succession on a day like this. The DMK is a very organised party and our leader will make such important announcements after an executive committee meeting or general body meeting," Anbazhagan said. There were many such meetings held on several earlier occasions when supporters of when supporters of Stalin hoped to see the son being crowned. However, till now, a formal announcement on Stalin taking over the party has not been made.

While Karunanidhi spoke to the media earlier in the day, his statements centered more on state politics rather than succession. To a question on whether he has realised his dreams, Karunanidhi said, "I, the person who was dreaming, have woken up. But the people are yet to wake up.'' Showing no signs of stepping aside to make way for his son, Karunanidhi made his intentions of playing a longer innings clear when he tweeted saying, "I bank on you (the people) to remove the weakness of my body and give me strength even when I am 100."
Shocking skin whitening method (Do this once daily)Radyance The truly Italian Fiat Avventura starts at 6.80 /- lakh*Fiat Avventura Recommended By Colombia

Stalin was seen helping his father receive supporters at the hall adjacent the DMK headquarters in Chennai.

When Stalin stepped out of the hallas they were preparing to take Karunanidhi home, a loud cheer broke out supporting "thalapathi" or 'commander', as Stalin is known among his men. The heir apparent has his own following too and has been taking care of the party's day-to-day operations.Stalin recently kicked off rallies across TN starting with the one in Madurai -- an erstwhile stronghold of brother and political rival MK Azhagiri who had been ousted from the party. Cautious about not sounding to be restless to take over the mantle from his father, Stalin had even criticised media reports that indicated it recently. Being one of the earliest visitors at his father's residence to wish him on Wednesday, Stalin said: "I wished my Thalaivar, my father, my mentor and my inspiration on his 92nd birthday. Thalaivar Kalaignar (or artist, as Karunanidhi is popularly addressed) has been one of the greatest leaders of Tamil Nadu".

DMK chief M Karunanidhi celebrates 92nd birthday in Chennai - The Economic Times

I Like Our Karunanidhi's Famous Words

'Thamizhargale Thamizhargale Neengal Ennai Kadalil Thooki Pottalum Kattu Maramaaga Thaan Nirpen..Adhil Eri Neengal Payanam Seiyalam...Kavizhndu Vida Matten...

Translation:

If Tamizhians Throw Me In The Sea,I Will Still Stand Has A Boat,So That All Thamizhians Will Sail On Me..Despite I Wont Drown:no

@ Mods Please Take Note On Post No.5

This Is A Unique Thread For Wishes For Our Kalaignar

Dont Pollute This Thread By Your Own Thoughts...

Iam Also Having Words But Not Interested In Doing So(Because Forum Rules Prevents Me):s:s:s

Wonderful Is That All The Kalaignar Network Channels Are Running Successfully From The Launch:eek:hya:luv

Kalaignar TV (24*7 Tamil Entertainment Channel);)
Kalaignar Seithigal(24*t Tamil News Channel);)
Siripoli (24*7 Tamil Comedy Channel);)
Isaiaruvi(24*7 Tamil Music Channel);)
Chithiram(24*7 Tamil Kids Channel);)
Murasu(24*7 Tamil Classic Music Channel);)

Sai, apart from "dirty" politics of recent days, we should give respect to him. He is an elder politician in country. You should read some history to understand his abilities.

Please read below.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock