GST (Goods & Services Tax) Related Discussions

Pls don't support center govt.(BJP) Blindly bro

My last reply in this conversation

I don't support any party, I support policy like GST. When Congress brought in parliament I support them too. If all Indians are same then all Indians should pay same tax all over India. That's my point

Arasu cable statistics:
Users 4.94 lakh in 2011 to 70.52 lakh 2016.
Revenue has increased from Rs. 2.44 crore in 2008-09 to Rs. 163.92 crore in 2013-14. And last year revenue Rs. 217.02 crore (unaudited) in 2015-16.
Profit: Rs. 5.2 crore (2012-13), Rs. 12.02 crore (2013-14), Rs. 18.46 crore (2014-15) and Rs. 32.6 crore (2015-16) after tax.

Once Chennai is included in this list the profits would probably double or even triple. Why ignore a public beneficial service when its highly profitable too?

PS: The given revenue does not include revenue via internet, once internet is started then profits could simply skyrocket.

I am not saying that your figures are wrong but Your figures are much like Lalu prasads Railway budget where he declared that Railway made huge profit but CAG report states otherwise. It's strange to see that when DTH or cable companies in other states with much higher ARPU is struggling to make profit then how a company with much lower ARPU makes profit from it when both are in same broadcasting sector and broadcasting same content and Broadcasters sells chs almost at same rate to all operators

I am not saying that your figures are wrong but Your figures are much like Lalu prasads Railway budget where he declared that Railway made huge profit but CAG report states otherwise. It's strange to see that when DTH or cable companies in other states with much higher ARPU is struggling to make profit then how a company with much lower ARPU makes profit from it when both are in same broadcasting sector and broadcasting same content and Broadcasters sells chs almost at same rate to all operators

Nopes. Not same rate to all operators. As i quoted already TN Govt has a different aggressive approach on policy matters.

During Dec 2013 Arasu had a tough negotiation with Media Pro (Star India and Zee Entertainment) and seems it got discount of over 50% from their prices and the same happened with Sun network. Once all Settles, TN goes DAS at 100% then further aggressive negotiation will happen and the profit will skyrocket. This is because Arasu has planned to offer DAS pack with initially 300 channels (will increase to 500 later) at Rs 125. Many DTH users will return due to affordable price. So i dont think Arasu will ever run into losses.

Last edited:
No proper govt in Tamil nadu to oppose every thing what central govt is imposing it...central govt is handling all political parties with their corruption charges and blackmailing them to impose it...even in Congress rulling states they were doing it as governor were mostly by bjp govt...
Go and read the Constitution of India. Then you will know what the centre & state can do & what they should do.
Anyways, looks like many people from (a) particular state(s) are concerned more about running of unsustainable, non-govt. sector, etc. schemes for their selfish interests. (Not commenting on all schemes, some are important & needed).
And there are some who just want to oppose for the sake of it, without full knowledge of the issue in detail.

@dinee: Dont Worry. Nothing can be illegally controlled forever. Very soon everything will be resolved and every thing will become better as usual. :)

Definitely that's why centre has put major foods in 0 % tax slab where as earlier there was vat on these

Bro not all foods are 0%. FYI all hotels taxes are 18%. If you say cook at home means, for gas also they put tax. It clearly states that govt is encouraging corporates and demolishing small scale industries in tamil Nadu..

Best example: groundout candy, biscuits are 18% tax, while for pizza 5% tax. I think no more explanations needed.

And please don't call me an Anti Indian. I am a common man expressing my feelings on GST.

Last edited:
U can itself see in Tamil nadu all natural affecting works are being taking place.lyk kudankulam,methane taking process.with more oppose from public they are giving licence for those company to make their process only in tn.y not other states in north...since they need our Tamil nadu to be vanished from country.if any natural accidents take place these govt can't help people instead they take commission from those company and just give statement against them...

U can itself see in Tamil nadu all natural affecting works are being taking place.lyk kudankulam,methane taking process.with more oppose from public they are giving licence for those company to make their process only in tn.y not other states in north...since they need our Tamil nadu to be vanished from country.if any natural accidents take place these govt can't help people instead they take commission from those company and just give statement against them...

Well said. Central govt wants TN to be depleted while our state govt just needs money and power, will not even give ears to problem of people. Those TN govt will do anything for money. I am controlling my words since it is a public forum....

Kathiramangalam people are struggling daily because of hydrocarbon project. I hope every educated Indians are aware of effect of hydrocarbon project. I am sorry to post about this in GST thread. A greenery village is now struggling for a even a clean drinking water. No more words to explain. It's fate of TN people.

I don't support any party, I support policy like GST. When Congress brought in parliament I support them too. If all Indians are same then all Indians should pay same tax all over India. That's my point

@Sarkar bro simple example:
In a house A is earning 20000 Rs, B is earning 40000 Rs while C is jobless. GST says one India one tax like that if apply means A, B and C will get 20000 Rs each. Why a jobless C should avail equal benefits as others like B and A. What will A and B will do if they have their own family? Will they agree to divide income equally? Will you share your money with others....???

See I am using A, B and C instead of states. A,B and C's family represent each states problems. I don't want to create any partiality but I am just saying the fact.

Last edited:
Bro not all foods are 0%. FYI all hotels taxes are 18%. If you say cook at home means, for gas also they put tax. It clearly states that govt is encouraging corporates and demolishing small scale industries in tamil Nadu..

Best example: groundout candy, biscuits are 18% tax, while for pizza 5% tax. I think no more explanations needed.

And please don't call me an Anti Indian. I am a common man expressing my feelings on GST.

First there should always be difference in opinion as we live in democracy and not in dictatorship. There is nothing like anti Indian here for expressing views.

Now coming to the point GST on foodgrains, flours, cereals, pulses, atta, maida & besan, fresh milk, fresh vegetables and fruits, puffed rice, common salt, animal feed, organic manure and fire wood put under the zero per cent tax slab. If I am not wrong then these are the thing people use daily.

Hotels have two different GST slab unlike one as you stated. One is 18% and one is 12%. So referring all hotels as 18% is wrong.
Ref GST effect: How GST will impact your restaurant bill starting tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock