Govt issues alert for email-based Locky ransomware

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) on Saturday issued an alert on its website about an email-based ransomware, Locky, which is in circulation through over 23 million messages. The ransomware, which spreads through spam mails, scrambles the contents of a computer or server and demands payment in bitcoins to unlock it.
According to the alert, the messages contain common subjects like “please print”, “documents”, “photo”, “Images”, “scans” and “pictures”.
“The messages contain ‘zip’ attachments with Visual Basic Scripts (VBS) embedded in a secondary zip file. The VBS file contains a downloader which polls to the domain ‘greatesthits[dot]mygoldmusic[dot]com’ (please do not visit this malicious website) to download variants of Locky ransomware,” said the advisory.

Govt issues alert for email-based Locky ransomware

I Searched For This Before Posting But Didn't Noticed That My Autocorrect Changed Ransomware To Randomware :lol

When Did A Search Again Then Came To Know This Error
Sorry For This.
Screenshot_20170903-193952.png

I Searched For This Before Posting But Didn't Noticed That My Autocorrect Changed Ransomware To Randomware :lol

When Did A Search Again Then Came To Know This Error
Sorry For This.
It's ok bro. no need for sorry :no:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock