Government asks 21 smartphone makers for details of phone security

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
The ministry of electronics and IT has directed 21 smartphonemakers, most of which are Chinese, to inform it about the procedures and processes they follow to ensure the security of mobile phones sold in India, following reports of data leakage and theft.

The smartphone makers, which include global players such as Apple and Samsung, Chinese makers such as Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, Lenovo and Gionee, besides home-bred ones such as Micromax have been asked to provide details about security practices, architecture, frameworks, guidelines and standards followed for providing secure transmission and storage of data, a senior official in the ministry said. The details have been sought irrespective of whether the companies make their devices in India or import them.

Government asks 21 smartphone makers for details of phone security procedures - ET Telecom

Finally Government took interest in data safety. Some user may not know but predictive text options stores all your data like credit/debit card in their server.

Finally Government took interest in data safety. Some user may not know but predictive text options stores all your data like credit/debit card in their server.

Earlier nokia 1100 was much better with T9 dictionary on. No data theft. Isn't it ?

yup ..no internet probably....I sometime have a feeling that feature phone days were better...
nope dude bro in the age of smart phone my uncle(younger brother to my father) still has nokia 1100 in working condition with him and he is having vodafone gprs(old generation of 2g with 40 kbps as max speed) internet working on his phone which he uses once in month for gprs.

If I could, I would have removed all smartphones, Internet from this planet. :mad::cautious:
Feature phones and BSNL landlines were awesome. (y)

Maybe Government is asking for tips from them, so that Government can finally have full proof cyber security and no1 can hack Aadhaar :grin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock