Breaking Government asked banks to save Jet Airways, avoid bankruptcy.

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,064

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Government has asked state-run banks to rescue privately held Jet Airways without pushing it into bankruptcy, as Prime Minister seeks to avert thousands of job losses weeks before the 2019 general election.

The finance ministry has in the past year sought regular updates from the banks, led by State Bank of India (SBI), on Jet's financial health. In recent months, the banks have provided weekly updates about a revival plan and also sought government's advice.

Government asked banks to save Jet Airways, avoid bankruptcy: Sources

They just want to defer the bankruptcy declaration to post elections so that it wont appear as yet another major job loss in the bleeding economy during the run up for the elections.

One hard approach for Kingfisher & a different soft approach for Jet. !!Wah Wah Chowkidar & gang!!

How can they say that give people's money to losed company.
This is very bad.... only for private company, how can banks gives public money. :mad:

I don't know complete facts but in my opinion banks should not take share in Jet airways but get its portion of debts repaid through insolvency.
But it is loss for banks in both ways.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock