Got my BSNL Fiber connection installed today

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 5,571

venky

Reaction score
Got my connection installed today. I was not in station for 2 days. They came early in the morning and got it fixed. I was provided with Netlink 5Ghz modem as requested. The whole thing cost me 4.5k

OLFPHrN.png

Last edited:
Thanks for moving this to a thread. We had an existing landline with BB and requested FTTH. The connection was in my father's name and he expired. So BSNL guys told me to change the name of the connection so that I will get that Landline rental free. Submitted the documents and the name change was done in one day. LCO support was very much appreciative. For my wonder, BSNL called me to confirm everything is fine and also asked how LCO handled my request.

My self-care portal says I will be getting a 100% discount on the deposit, and waived off the installation charge (promo running). I believe my first bill won't be a shocker for me.

UZtHLhi.png

WaTDJdV.png

DeuTTHN.png

Uax1NQ3.png

55ZxZFj.png

7dA1h4w.png

Congrats!!

Which plan have you opted for?

I went for the 449/30mbps plan which is running as a promo. Just wanted to rate the service experience before I opt for a higher plan. The current plan is valid till April and BSNL may introduce new plans, else the minimum speed for BSNL will be 60mbps for Kerala.

I went for the 449/30mbps plan which is running as a promo. Just wanted to rate the service experience before I opt for a higher plan. The current plan is valid till April and BSNL may introduce new plans, else the minimum speed for BSNL will be 60mbps for Kerala.
30mbps for 3.3TB.. right?
Unfortunately, we don't have that plan here. The cheapest plan is 20mbps for 100GB @₹499. 🙁
And the cheapest 3.3TB plan is ₹599 with 60mbps speed.

30mbps for 3.3TB.. right?
Unfortunately, we don't have that plan here. The cheapest plan is 20mbps for 100GB @₹499. 🙁
And the cheapest 3.3TB plan is ₹599 with 60mbps speed.
We may also endup there once this promo is gone.

After the sweet experience with the connection, here comes a crazy issue with the landline associated with the FTTH. For some reason its not working as expected. We came to know this once people started complaining that calling to our Landline at times says "Out of Coverage Area".
The VoIP status shows registered and the Landline CLI display shows On. The phone line comes back once we make an outgoing call from the landline. Again it happens after 20 mins.
I have raised a complaint with technical team, still looking for our experts to comment on this.

After the sweet experience with the connection, here comes a crazy issue with the landline associated with the FTTH. For some reason its not working as expected. We came to know this once people started complaining that calling to our Landline at times says "Out of Coverage Area".
The VoIP status shows registered and the Landline CLI display shows On. The phone line comes back once we make an outgoing call from the landline. Again it happens after 20 mins.
I have raised a complaint with technical team, still looking for our experts to comment on this.
This is what I also face sometimes, but yeah not so frequently may be once a week. Just restarting the router fixes this for me.

This was happening in my Landline phone but now the connection doesn't exist...
The issue was mostly due to rust in cable joints... Less chances of faulty Phone set...

Had a word with someone working in the Teleco field and according to him its something with the NGN switch routing. Not sure if BSNL will fix it, as it requires some NGN trained technician to look into it. He says tracking such issues is a pain.

My mother's main concern is the Landline and now she is upset with this.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock